advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Thanks everybody
Posted by: vision63
Date: June 13, 2018 01:06PM
I really enjoyed all of my birthday greetings. I feel privileged to be a part of this forum. I appreciate that you all tolerate my silliness, stupidities and dumbassedness and still want to be my friend. I love every single person on this forum, even the ones who might think I do not. No, you are loved by me. I've learned more from this forum than from anything else in life.

The only regret in my life is not having been a better friend, a better sibling and a better son to my friends, siblings and my mom. But they're still cool with me. Y'all don't know it but I lost my dear brother Douglas a year and a half ago in January after a long illness. His light shined really bright and has now faded away. It was devastating. I've since come to terms with it. My mother has not as he was her first born. So, there remains the challenge of being more of a leader in my family's life from up here in NorCal vs them being in SoCal (lot of driving). I still have my sister Leslie and my Mom, Helen. They are my life.

The biggest challenge of them all is keeping focus on my career and not feeling burned out and not feeling all that motivated or very creative anymore. It's like I had been losing my steam. I've worked so hard to achieve so much and it really doesn't take much at all to be cleaned out if you're not of the mind to remain in the moment and be on point. I've suffered some blows which had more to do with a lack of vigilance than it did those who victimized me. I have been fixing that.

I've always been content to work really hard and be paid well but I'm learning that as you get older, you better think about being much more promotional and much less deferential. It's not my way to seek pats on the back or to be lauded or acknowledged. It's just not my nature. I'm really kinda shy although you guys probably don't think so.

I simply no longer have the luxury to be shy or deferential. I have to complete this second act with a flourish in order to secure the third act. To fulfill my dreams and my destiny.

I'm done with helping everyone else fulfill their greatest accomplishments because really, that's what I do and have done. Good for them and good for me since I got paid. I am thankful for being able to generate a fruitful life and existence. But it's no longer enough. I really do believe I have the ability to take things to an even greater level for myself. I've been working on a plan to do just that. I will succeed at this. Since I'm no expert on anything, I'll be asking questions because I can't do it all alone.

This is me, my sister and my brother with our great black and tan German Shepard named Tiny in 1969. 304 W. 118th Street, Los Angeles, CA. We were very happy at that moment.

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Thanks everybody
Posted by: DP
Date: June 13, 2018 01:27PM
An honor to know you, viz, even if it is via keyboard!

Disclaimer: This post is checked for correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Any attempts at humor are solely the responsibility of the author and bear no claim that any and all readers will approve or appreciate said attempt at humor.
My name is DP, and I approve this message.
Posted by: hal
Date: June 13, 2018 01:36PM
Glad you're doing well and are well on the way to executing stage III, but damn... sorry about your brother. I've been hearing a lot about deceased siblings from friends and it just tears my heart. Every time I read/hear something like that, I think about how much I love my sister and she, me.

No one knows you like a beloved sibling...
Posted by: jdc
Date: June 13, 2018 01:36PM
Awesome. My early years (birth to 10?) were spent growing up not far from there, living in Lynwood and visting with my grandma in East Compton. 1966-1976ish

And you look great. =)

----

Edited 999 time(s). Last edit at 12:08PM by jdc.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2018 02:47PM by jdc.
Posted by: Pam
Date: June 13, 2018 01:38PM
Good luck on taking yourself to the next level! That sounds like an awesome challenge that not many dare to take.
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: June 13, 2018 01:42PM
It's funny that you mention "third act," as I feel many of my friends, and I include me in that group of course, are struggling with exactly what that encompasses. Best of luck, keep the shiny side up.
Posted by: samintx
Date: June 13, 2018 02:10PM
We love our Forum people. They make it a very special place.
Posted by: Will Collier
Date: June 13, 2018 03:24PM
Great to hear from ya, Gene. Belated happy birthday.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: June 13, 2018 04:56PM
Have you considered plastic surgery?

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: max
Date: June 13, 2018 05:46PM
Speedy
Have you considered plastic surgery?

Speedy'e jealousy about you looking that good...

Belated best wishes, Gene...
Posted by: The UnDoug
Date: June 13, 2018 08:36PM
You're a good lookin' dude, vision63!

Sounds like you are facing life head on, and that's about all any of us can do.

Keep us posted on life's ups and downs....

[www.zeemaps.com]
Posted by: Kraniac
Date: June 13, 2018 09:58PM
right on Viz..beautiful post that brought a tear to my eye.

I lost my Brother, too..he was also first born..my mom and dad had a very difficult time with it, my mom to the end..same thing..I processed it well and kept moving..these are difficult things, these are basically universal things..big themes

And yes..you do hit that time when you say..'im gonna grab hold of 'me' and wrap my head around that at this point in my life..Im doing it now and feeling good about it..took a while to find that person 'me', though, do it, Brohamilton..Peace to you.
Posted by: stephen
Date: June 13, 2018 10:30PM
Love it. Glad to be your friend here.
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: June 14, 2018 03:53PM
I love you and your posts, vision63. I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your brother, and the hardship that has been for your family, especially your mom. I'm so grateful to have gotten to know you here, and thank you for sharing with us.

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 258
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015