The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
1987 Aston Martin Lagonda
Posted by: Thrift Store Scott
Date: June 23, 2018 03:17AM
Series III model, current review here-
[www.youtube.com]

When these were introduced in 1976, I thought "Oh my God, it looks like a Lincoln Town Car from the year 2000!". Heck, even the dashboard of the Series I and Series II versions was stylistically similar to the one in '66-'69 Lincoln Continentals. Of course, all that turned out to be wishful thinking because I couldn't have imagined at that time what formless blobs Lincoln Town Cars would become in the actual year 2000.

Lie to me if you must, but don't lie to me and insult my intelligence in the same sentence.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: 1987 Aston Martin Lagonda
Posted by: The UnDoug
Date: June 23, 2018 07:06AM
I didn't end up watching more than a minute of that video, but I started watching some of his other ones. What a lucky dude! He gets to play with some amazing cars!

[www.zeemaps.com]
Posted by: Rolando
Date: June 23, 2018 11:49AM
I watch his stuff a lot. Sometimes annoying, mostly entertaining....

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing."
-- Edmund Burke
"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." Theodore Roosevelt (1918)
Posted by: rexs
Date: June 23, 2018 12:47PM
Years ago Car & Driver had a review of a fictitious review of a Deunbenburgh Mk III or something like that.
With comments like "literally dozens of turns lock to lock" "0-60mph eventually "

This Lagonda review is a close approximation.
Date: June 23, 2018 02:43PM
The UnDoug
I didn't end up watching more than a minute of that video, but I started watching some of his other ones. What a lucky dude! He gets to play with some amazing cars!

He does indeed!

Rolando
I watch his stuff a lot. Sometimes annoying, mostly entertaining....

That was the first video of his I'd come across. I ended up watching several others after that one, most notably Lamborghini Espada, Lamborghini Jarama, and '77 Cadillac Eldorado. While he does have the occasional glaring factual error such as saying the '77 Eldorado didn't come with headrests on the front seats when you can SEE the headrests in the shot while he's saying that, overall he does a good job and judges each car on it's own merits. I particularly like how he covers the WHOLE car including trunk and back seat and highlights any peculiarities that he finds while doing so.

rexs
Years ago Car & Driver had a review of a fictitious review of a Deunbenburgh Mk III or something like that.
With comments like "literally dozens of turns lock to lock" "0-60mph eventually "

This Lagonda review is a close approximation.

I remember those! I always got the impression Car & Driver was taking the piss out of European car manufacturers of the time, especially British and Italian ones, who would display sheer engineering brilliance in some areas while flatly refusing to address gross and well-documented deficiencies in others.

Lie to me if you must, but don't lie to me and insult my intelligence in the same sentence.
Posted by: Uncle Wig
Date: June 23, 2018 11:44PM
That guy is annoying as hell. That could've been a 15 minute video without him repeating how weird and anteater and $370k the Lagonda is.

Date: June 24, 2018 12:50AM
Uncle Wig
That guy is annoying as hell. That could've been a 15 minute video without him repeating how weird and anteater and $370k the Lagonda is.

True, brevity and concision don't seem to be his particular strong suits, but after watching several more of his videos he does seem to be getting better with practice in those respects.

My only real beef with him is that he does a long, rambling introduction in each video telling us all about what aspects of the car he's going to cover in the video, instead of just going ahead and covering those aspects. It's like he's doing a promo for the video at the beginning of the video.

Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: June 24, 2018 08:59AM
He’s not just a reviewer, he’s a character - a “personality”; like the Top Gear/Grand Tour trio. In the same way the earlier Julia Child wasn’t just a cooking instructor.
YouTube is chock full of similar characters covering every subject imaginable. Some you may love, others you’ll hate.
Posted by: Rolando
Date: June 24, 2018 09:24AM
Lot's of good Car Review Channels, LOTS more BAD ones.

This guy is both funny and entertaining, but will sometimes sneak in brilliance
[www.youtube.com]

Alex on Autos is pretty much just car reviews. Cut & Dried, but informative. Doesn't try to be funny

The Fast Lane is pretty good, I enjoy them them challenging the CUVs with an off road climb!

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing."
-- Edmund Burke
"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." Theodore Roosevelt (1918)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 202
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015