advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
HOT HOT HOT!! 96º Forecast Here Tomorrow - Ice Cream Season!! What Are Your Favs?
Posted by: Rick-o
Date: June 29, 2018 06:02PM
It rarely gets into the 90s here in Northern MI. This weekend is an exception (it was 92º this afternoon).

So, I guess we could call it ice cream season. yum smiley

Name some of your favorites. Cone? Sundae? Something wild?

I'm grooving on some Butterfinger flavored with chunks of Butterfinger, with a plain cone. I can't get enough of this stuff! Although, we had a tub of plain ol' vanilla, store brand, for Fathers Day that was superb. It was so much better than any vanilla ice cream that I have had in the past few years.

"After a time, you may find, that having is not so pleasing a thing after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."

- Mr. Spock

“There is no greater calling than to serve your fellow men. There is no greater contribution than to help the weak. There is no greater satisfaction than to have done it well.”

- Walter Reuther
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: HOT HOT HOT!! 96º Forecast Here Tomorrow - Ice Cream Season!! What Are Your Favs?
Posted by: Pam
Date: June 29, 2018 06:29PM
Pre food allergy it was Ben and Jerry’s Chubby Hubby. Now it’s coconut milk ice cream flavored with mango.
Re: HOT HOT HOT!! 96º Forecast Here Tomorrow - Ice Cream Season!! What Are Your Favs?
Posted by: jdc
Date: June 29, 2018 06:34PM
love ice cream and frozen yogurt.

Tilamook, just about any flavor (except coffee), plain in a bowl.

They have some new ones that are actually pretty good... PB & J, and maple pancake. wife likes their choc/PB. I enjoy the moo moo milkshake ( like sweet cream) and white choc/rasberry

[www.tillamook.com]

----

Edited 999 time(s). Last edit at 12:08PM by jdc.
Posted by: ka jowct
Date: June 29, 2018 06:43PM
My ice cream days are over, sadly. There were some Ben and Jerry flavors that I loved. One had chunks of cheesecake in it: graham cracker crust buried in ice cream is a great combo. Americone Dream was another fave. Haagen Dasz (or however you spell it) Strawberry was another.

There was a fancy salted caramel one that I loved, but I can’t remember the brand.

I think I would find them all too sweet for my taste now, since I reduced my intake of sugar a few years ago.
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: June 29, 2018 06:54PM
Purist here: keep your candy bars outta my ice cream! Strawberry, maple walnut, pistachio, Mexican chocolate...
Posted by: testcase
Date: June 29, 2018 06:58PM
This week, I've been in Black Hawk, SD. The PM temps have been in the mid-nineties. Most late afternoons/evenings we've had impressive thunderstorms. Last night, a tornado touched down ~ 40 miles away!

As for ice cream, REAL pistachio (with pistachio nuts, NOT almonds or peanuts). Friendly's has a GREAT pistachio!
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: June 29, 2018 07:08PM
The subtle creaminess of a good vanilla is all I ask for.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld

"WE CALL BS!" -- Emma Gonzalez
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: June 29, 2018 07:11PM
......pistachio ice cream or gelato......

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: saintyohann
Date: June 29, 2018 07:37PM
Marianne's Bubble Gum ice cream.
Posted by: billb
Date: June 29, 2018 07:50PM

The Phorum Wall keeps us safe from illegal characters and words
The doorstep to the temple of wisdom is the knowledge of one's own ignorance. -Benjamin Franklin
BOYCOTT YOPLAIT [www.noyoplait.com]
[soundcloud.com]
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: June 29, 2018 08:00PM
The flavor that I buy about twice a year when I have a cheat day(s) is at Freddy/Kroger, not sure if it's nationally available.

Maine Blueberry Cheesecake

In tha 360. [url=Zee Maps Now requires a subscription/payment to work]MRF User Map[/url]
Posted by: 3d
Date: June 29, 2018 08:31PM
My favorite ice cream brand is so extremely obscure and unknown there's no point in sharing it.
Posted by: Yoyodyne ArtWorks
Date: June 29, 2018 08:56PM
Ombligo
The subtle creaminess of a good vanilla is all I ask for.

Vanilla is the virginal princess of the ice cream kingdom, all other flavors are vulgar strumpets by comparison.

Or something like that...

Once we place nonhuman animals outside our sphere of moral consideration
and treat them as things we use to satisfy our own desires,
the outcome is predictable.
- Peter Singer
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: June 29, 2018 09:28PM
Vanilla is my top favorite.

I do adulterate it with fudge, caramel, or strawberry toppings, and a couple of bananas sliced, and a side of whipped cream.

A classic banana split is also very good.

Ooh, ooh, let's not forget a good root beer float. It goes very nicely with a sausage, pepperoni, black olive pizza, preferably from Zachary's.

Pralines and Cream is also very good, as is strawberry with strawberries. Chocolate is varies. Some are good, others, not so much.

Lemon with lemon candy bits is also very good.

Orange and pineapple sherbets are tasty and refreshing.

All served in a decently sized bowl, 12oz or greater (except for the float of course).

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men
except by believing all possible evil
of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

-An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

Mister, that's a ten-gallon hat on a twenty-gallon head.

I *love* Sigs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: Mike Johnson
Date: June 29, 2018 10:47PM
Real ice cream is so rare now. There's nothing wrong with the pretenders but if I'm going to have ice cream I want it without gums and artificial flavors. McConnells ice cream is readily available here, at their shop as well as in the grocery store. My favorite is the lemon & marionberries, served with Nyåkers ginger snaps. Pepperidge Fahhhm gingerbread men are almost as good.
Posted by: Don C
Date: June 29, 2018 11:52PM
My favorite ice cream is whatever is in the bowl in front of me. Something with chocolate chips or chunks with a little pure Indiana maple syrup goes well on a 94 degree day. And we have a full week of mid 90 degree days coming up! Dew point in the 70's makes indoor living most desirable.
Posted by: Frank
Date: June 29, 2018 11:53PM
My ice cream eating days are over too, unfortunately, but my fave was chocolate chip, followed closely by rocky road and kauai pie
Posted by: Michael
Date: June 30, 2018 01:22AM
We make it with a variety of fruits. A couple of weeks ago we had the heavy cream and milk but no appropriate fresh fruit so I opened a jar of blackberry jam and tossed a bunch in. It was great--we'll be using jams in the future as well as fresh fruit. As soon as cherries get really cheap at Costco we'll make cherry ice cream.
Posted by: Mr Downtown
Date: June 30, 2018 09:36AM
Surprised no one has mentioned Blue Bell, available only in Texas and adjacent states. Homemade Vanilla.

In Chicago, I have to settle for Ben & Jerry's Fudge Brownie FroYo.
Posted by: vicrock
Date: June 30, 2018 10:59AM
I second jdc's recommendation of Tillamook - normal supermarket brands pale in comparison.

Unlike him I LOVE coffee ice cream - and pistachio. Agree with a really good vanilla as well.
Posted by: blooz
Date: June 30, 2018 02:21PM
Herrell's in Northampton had one called "burnt butter", if I remember correctly. It's 20 miles away so I can't refresh my memory on that alas. I remember it was delicious.
Consoled myself with a caprese salad on my deck instead.

And we should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once.
—Friedrich Nietzsche
Western Massachusetts
Posted by: Marc Anthony
Date: July 01, 2018 01:12PM
Most of Kroger's Private Selection brand ice cream is surprisingly good. Their brown butter bourbon truffle and moose track chocolate variants are yummy. I also dig their matcha green tea. While it isn't actually ice cream, their lemon sorbet is refreshing and citrusy; I mix with plain greek yogurt to increase the nutritional content and lower the serving of sugar.

Le poète doit vivre beaucoup, vivre dans tous les sens. - Verlaine
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 124
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015