advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Apple deploys 1Password to all 123,000 peeps, acquisition talks underway
Posted by: tuqqer
Date: July 10, 2018 02:57PM
well this could be interesting. I'm a big fan of the standalone version of 1Password.

[bgr.com]

Mac Pro 2013 3.7 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon E5, 32G RAM High Sierra 10.13.4x Dual 25" Acer 1440p LCDs11" i5 MacBook Air
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Apple deploys 1Password to all 123,000 peeps, acquisition talks underway
Posted by: 3d
Date: July 10, 2018 03:14PM
"Furthermore, the company is said to have carved out a deal that includes family plans, giving up to 5 family members of each employee a free license for 1Password."

Coming soon to eBay thumbs up
Date: July 10, 2018 03:16PM
3d
"Furthermore, the company is said to have carved out a deal that includes family plans, giving up to 5 family members of each employee a free license for 1Password."

Coming soon to eBay thumbs up

hahahaha smiling smiley Does that really happen? I've never checked but do people sell their family software plans on ebay?

Mac Pro 2013 3.7 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon E5, 32G RAM High Sierra 10.13.4x Dual 25" Acer 1440p LCDs11" i5 MacBook Air
Posted by: space-time
Date: July 10, 2018 03:18PM
what happens to iCloud Keychain?
Posted by: Acer
Date: July 10, 2018 03:22PM
Hmm. Guess I'll hold off on a 1password license upgrade for a while longer.
Posted by: 3d
Date: July 10, 2018 03:32PM
UPDATE: AgileBits said in a tweet from its 1Password account that it has not been acquired and plans to remain independent. From 1Password Twitter: "Rumours of my acquisition are completely false. My humans and I are happily independent and plan to remain so."

Translation: Talks are still ongoing. Looks like AgileBits is playing hardball.
Date: July 10, 2018 03:56PM
3d
UPDATE: AgileBits said in a tweet from its 1Password account that it has not been acquired and plans to remain independent. From 1Password Twitter: "Rumours of my acquisition are completely false. My humans and I are happily independent and plan to remain so."

Translation: Talks are still ongoing. Looks like AgileBits is playing hardball.

Glad you threw that translation in! Because that's my take as well. Translation: "We have a price. They just haven't hit it yet."

Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: July 10, 2018 06:06PM
"Rumours of my acquisition are completely false. My humans and I are happily independent and plan to remain so."

Translation: If we were in talks, we'd not comment at all, instead of saying the rumors are false and that we're remaining independent, thereby risking possible SEC violations.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men
except by believing all possible evil
of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

-An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

Mister, that's a ten-gallon hat on a twenty-gallon head.

I *love* Sigs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: davester
Date: July 10, 2018 06:22PM
I don't think it's that unusual to deploy utilities like 1Password that widely. My organization has about 3,000 people and we all have access to 1Password for free.

"In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion." (1987) -- Carl Sagan

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/10/2018 06:23PM by davester.
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: July 10, 2018 07:01PM
One wonders about the impact such an acquisition might have on the Windows version of 1Password.

It is what it is.
Posted by: sekker
Date: July 11, 2018 09:15PM
My institution would be wise to deploy this free of charge for our employees. It would be simple - we are recording you, so put whatever stuff you don't want us to know about behind the 1password vault. If we FIND anything inappropriate, it's not OUR fault.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2018 09:16PM by sekker.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 222
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015