advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Pathological punning. Yes, really. Inability to stop making jokes & laughing at your own jokes is a brain disorder.
Posted by: chopper
Date: July 10, 2018 03:13PM
This is a link to a story on people who are unable to stop making jokes and laughing at their own (lame) jokes/puns and how this is a disorder of the brain. No, really.

Here

The man’s comedic compulsion was attributed to a stroke, which had damaged part of his left caudate nucleus, although an earlier lesion to the right frontal cortex, caused by a subarachnoid hemorrhage, may have contributed to the pathological punning.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Pathological punning. Yes, really. Inability to stop making jokes & laughing at your own jokes is a brain disorder.
Posted by: Zoidberg
Date: July 10, 2018 03:17PM
I've posted about that a few times before.

And, yes, I am actually worried about it re/one of our regulars here.
Re: Pathological punning. Yes, really. Inability to stop making jokes & laughing at your own jokes is a brain disorder.
Posted by: 3d
Date: July 10, 2018 03:18PM
The memory functions must've increased substantially as well to memorize all these jokes. Me, I can barely remember 3-4 jokes.

One is about a pirate and his brown pants.
And a couple of knock-knock jokes for the kids.
Posted by: Acer
Date: July 10, 2018 03:25PM
<popcorn.gif>
Posted by: Carnos Jax
Date: July 10, 2018 04:05PM
Don't you naughty boys know....naughty girls need fun too. :-(
Posted by: billb
Date: July 10, 2018 04:29PM
chopper
pathological punning.[/i]

LOL

The Phorum Wall keeps us safe from illegal characters and words
The doorstep to the temple of wisdom is the knowledge of one's own ignorance. -Benjamin Franklin
BOYCOTT YOPLAIT [www.noyoplait.com]
[soundcloud.com]
Posted by: jdc
Date: July 10, 2018 04:32PM
Has no one here ever seen a sitcom?

----

Edited 999 time(s). Last edit at 12:08PM by jdc.
Posted by: btfc
Date: July 10, 2018 04:33PM
So, in the unlikely event that this little factoid is even slightly relevant, would that make this thinly veiled personal attack more or less acceptable? Vote to remove.
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: July 10, 2018 04:46PM
On of my favorite SF writers is Spider Robinson. His "Callahan's" series is pretty much one long pun after another. Plus robotic supermen and radioactive cockroaches. And time traveling Tesla.

As I age and my scrambled brains settle into something approaching oatmeal, I tend to forget all the good puns. I appreciate their repetition.
Date: July 10, 2018 05:02PM
Oh, do posts have to be relevant all of a sudden? Relevant to what?

The truth is that this post and the link to that story is perhaps the most relevant thing on this message board today.
Date: July 10, 2018 05:09PM
What's with your lack of reading comprehension? Brain disorder, perhaps?
Date: July 10, 2018 05:12PM
In case you still don't get it: "personal attack"
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: July 10, 2018 06:03PM
On of my favorite SF writers is Spider Robinson. His "Callahan's" series is pretty much one long pun after another. Plus robotic supermen and radioactive cockroaches. And time traveling Tesla.

Maybe I'll give that a look.

I love good puns, The trouble is, they're very far and few between.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men
except by believing all possible evil
of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

-An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

Mister, that's a ten-gallon hat on a twenty-gallon head.

I *love* Sigs. It's Glocks I hate.
Date: July 10, 2018 06:05PM
No lack of reading comprehension, at all, here. But isn't that a personal attack in itself? You accusing me of having a lack of reading comprehension? How is that not a personal attack?

I wonder what's next in your constantly moving rule book of what's acceptable/relevant?

First it's a personal attack, then it's my reading comprehension that's an issue? What's next from you since those are baseless? I bet it will be A PERSONAL ATTACK.

Zoid' posted HERE on the SAME SUBJECT.

Was THAT relevant? I think so. Was it a personal attack? Somehow not.

<<I've posted about that a few times before.

And, yes, I am actually worried about it re/one of our regulars here.>>
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: July 10, 2018 06:56PM
RAMd®d
I love good puns, The trouble is, they're very far and few between.

PUN-ishingly few and far between, one might say.

It is what it is.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2018 12:18AM by N-OS X-tasy!.
Posted by: anonymouse1
Date: July 11, 2018 06:04AM
1. I love Spider Robinson’s earlier stuff. The more recent, not so much. The man’s had a hard life over the past 10 years or so. Top notch writer. For puns, look to the Callahan’s Bar books.
Posted by: August West
Date: July 11, 2018 05:35PM
As advised earlier, you really need to take a break from internet forums, it's worrisome what they do to you.

Picasso in his studio after the liberation of Paris, taken by my friend and mentor.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 276
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015