advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Off the hook -- I've gotten 5 calls in the last 45 minutes from insurance offer robo-callers
Posted by: Zoidberg
Date: July 10, 2018 03:23PM
Not kidding; 5. Used to be that I typically got at least one an hour.

My phone stays on silent, and if the number isn't in my address book (and thus shows up on my iPhone's/Watch's screen), I just decline it.

Hearing out the message and pressing anything to be removed does nothing.

The "Do Not Call" list is just a joke, now. Of course, these aren't from legitimate businesses that adhere to things like that anyway.

Not to go political, here, but it's really too bad the FCC has no teeth in the matter anymore (either by design or by restriction).

same as it ever was
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Off the hook -- I've gotten 5 calls in the last 45 minutes from insurance offer robo-callers
Posted by: DinerDave
Date: July 10, 2018 03:30PM
agree smiley

Dave

Welcome to Dave's BBQ!

Many have eaten here....

Few have died
Re: Off the hook -- I've gotten 5 calls in the last 45 minutes from insurance offer robo-callers
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: July 10, 2018 03:33PM
.....just guessing but it might be because of you...........??

.....bringing it upon yourself.....??

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/10/2018 03:33PM by NewtonMP2100.
Posted by: Yoyodyne ArtWorks
Date: July 10, 2018 03:38PM
We are not citizens, we are customers...period.

Once we place nonhuman animals outside our sphere of moral consideration
and treat them as things we use to satisfy our own desires,
the outcome is predictable.
- Peter Singer
Posted by: Carm
Date: July 10, 2018 03:40PM
Get at least one every 3 days
Posted by: hal
Date: July 10, 2018 04:15PM
Zoidberg
Hearing out the message and pressing anything to be removed does nothing.

NOT TRUE! It tells the spammer that you answered the phone and responded to a command. Now they will never let go!
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: July 10, 2018 04:27PM
hiya on the cell phone. Ooma on the VOIP phone.
Except the insane amount of callerid spoofing makes all of that pretty much useless. Best way is to use iPhone's "Do not disturb' function to ignore all calls from anyone not in my contacts.
Posted by: MikeF
Date: July 10, 2018 06:07PM
Several junk phone calls every day. Noticed that their tactics have changed -- it is a new number just about every time, which precludes "number association" rejection from occurring...
Posted by: Carm
Date: July 10, 2018 09:56PM
MikeF
Several junk phone calls every day. Noticed that their tactics have changed -- it is a new number just about every time, which precludes "number association" rejection from occurring...
Yes, every time it’s a different number. Same message.
Posted by: Zoidberg
Date: July 11, 2018 08:59AM
cbelt3
hiya on the cell phone. Ooma on the VOIP phone.
Except the insane amount of callerid spoofing makes all of that pretty much useless. Best way is to use iPhone's "Do not disturb' function to ignore all calls from anyone not in my contacts.

I do use Hiya and its pretty good but not great. Again, though, it's come to the point where I only answer calls from known contacts. But the phone rings throughout the work day now.

Blocking numbers is a fool's game as they spoof each time, many times from my own area code.

same as it ever was
Posted by: wurm
Date: July 11, 2018 03:20PM
Do Not Disturb, coupled with Emergency Bypass for calls and texts from anyone in my Contacts is doing the trick for me. Best decision I've made.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 222
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015