advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Kaiser Called and scheduled wife surgery. Now two flights on United are lost $??
Posted by: Microman
Date: July 10, 2018 06:46PM
We called and they will give a voucher with proper paperwork, but charge $200 each to use the voucher, or get it, I don't know wife was on phone.

Visa Costco, is helping and say to not dispute it, but to get the voucher, and then send them the paperwork, like itinerary, dr info, proof that it was cancelled, and voucher amount...etc, and that they will help. Not sure what they will do....

But bringing it up here, so the experts on flying and dealing with Airlines, and What a credit card company can do for someone

Thanks.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Kaiser Called and scheduled wife surgery. Now two flights on United are lost $??
Posted by: space-time
Date: July 10, 2018 07:15PM
may I ask (politely) why someone books flights when they know they will have surgery soon?

That side, good luck with the surgery! I hope it is nothing serious and she makes a full and speedy recovery!!!

If the outcome of the surgery is 100% successful and your wife feels great again, does $400 really matter in the big picture?
Re: Kaiser Called and scheduled wife surgery. Now two flights on United are lost $??
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: July 10, 2018 08:48PM
space-time
may I ask (politely) why someone books flights when they know they will have surgery soon?

Also, if there's no urgency, why not ask the surgeon/nurse/scheduler what other days are available? For my last procedure, they told me they could get the room on Wednesdays and Thursdays between 7am and 11am and let me pick the date.

Posted by: Racer X
Date: July 10, 2018 11:53PM
space-time

That side, good luck with the surgery! I hope it is nothing serious and she makes a full and speedy recovery!!!

If the outcome of the surgery is 100% successful and your wife feels great again, does $400 really matter in the big picture?

Kinda convoluted, but I was told my hip surgery would be in 6-18 months. Got a call 5 weeks later and was told in 3 weeks it would happen. When the head of ortho calls and says he personally will do it, you change YOUR plans.
Posted by: Paul F.
Date: July 11, 2018 12:20AM
Like a friend of mine... he needed a heart valve replaced (after years of keeping the OEM one running, it was finally worn out). His Cardiologist got him in with his OWN Cardiac surgeon. When your heart doctor trusts another heart doctor to cut on HIS heart, and he gets you in? You grab your stuff and drive to San Francisco for your valve replacement!

Racer X
space-time

Kinda convoluted, but I was told my hip surgery would be in 6-18 months. Got a call 5 weeks later and was told in 3 weeks it would happen. When the head of ortho calls and says he personally will do it, you change YOUR plans.

Paul F.
-----
A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand. - Lucius Annaeus Seneca c. 5 BC - 65 AD
----
Good is the enemy of Excellent. Talent is not necessary for Excellence.
Persistence is necessary for Excellence. And Persistence is a Decision.

--

--

--
Eureka, CA
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: July 11, 2018 04:47AM
But bringing it up here, so the experts on flying and dealing with Airlines, and What a credit card company can do for someone

Any luck so far?

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men
except by believing all possible evil
of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

-An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

Mister, that's a ten-gallon hat on a twenty-gallon head.

I *love* Sigs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: Michael
Date: July 11, 2018 05:15AM
We're doing a lot more international travel and I'm getting tired of paying insurance for the various trips. I've read a lot about travel insurance with credit cards and found that the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card has very good travel insurance built in. I read the contract and I'm very sure (but not positive...) that this surgery trip interruption would have been covered. The card is free for the first year and then is $95 per year. This is way less than the cost of independent travel insurance that we've had for our trips over the last 3 years.

I hope the Costco card comes through for you. It sounds like they'll cover it. Also my best wishes for a successful surgery and fast and complete recovery for your wife.
Posted by: Ken Sp.
Date: July 11, 2018 06:12AM
Michael
We're doing a lot more international travel and I'm getting tired of paying insurance for the various trips. I've read a lot about travel insurance with credit cards and found that the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card has very good travel insurance built in. I read the contract and I'm very sure (but not positive...) that this surgery trip interruption would have been covered. The card is free for the first year and then is $95 per year. This is way less than the cost of independent travel insurance that we've had for our trips over the last 3 years.

I hope the Costco card comes through for you. It sounds like they'll cover it. Also my best wishes for a successful surgery and fast and complete recovery for your wife.
In addition, for international travel you may want to look at the Chase Sapphire reserve card. Yes, it cost $450 per year, but the first $300 you spend any kind of travel is immediately credited. This even included me using a parking lot in another city. In addition, you get free Priority Pass airport lounge access, for you and others in your party and it includes travel insurance. The other nice thing is, like the preferred card, if you use a rental car, it is the primary insurance coverage rather than secondary.
Posted by: Michael
Date: July 11, 2018 10:38AM
Ken Sp.
Michael

In addition, for international travel you may want to look at the Chase Sapphire reserve card. Yes, it cost $450 per year, but the first $300 you spend any kind of travel is immediately credited. This even included me using a parking lot in another city. In addition, you get free Priority Pass airport lounge access, for you and others in your party and it includes travel insurance. The other nice thing is, like the preferred card, if you use a rental car, it is the primary insurance coverage rather than secondary.

Thanks, I'll look into that one, as well. I didn't realize it credited the first $300 spent on travel. That makes it not much more expensive than the Preferred version. A brief look shows that there is an increased value of the Reserve that is worth more than the net $55 higher cost than the Preferred.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 275
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015