advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Need advice. Wall mount is up for TV, so need to choose tv that is compatible
Posted by: Microman
Date: July 10, 2018 08:37PM
I have installed 3 Vizio TV's on this mount. It is a swivel and tilt. This is the type where you take the M6 Bolts and screw on two metal bars that go up and down. Then there are Two 1.5" width pieces that slide into the mounted flat pieces. Then the tv can be lifted and placed on the HOOK of the wall mount that is secured into the STUDS.

My situation I am seeing is, that all of the Vizio tv have a completely flat back. So the first two bars easily fit and sit flat against the TV.

I have noticed the Hisense and TCL brands at Costco, which seem to be a good value, are not completely flat on the back. So if I was to try and use the two first bars that attach to the TV, they would have to go high on the back, and hopefully not show out the top.

Anyone ever run into this, changing TV's when you already have a mount that is good in place?
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Need advice. Wall mount is up for TV, so need to choose tv that is compatible
Posted by: Cary
Date: July 10, 2018 09:11PM
I just bought a TCL tv a few days ago. Although the back is not completely flat, the mount area is fla
Re: Need advice. Wall mount is up for TV, so need to choose tv that is compatible
Posted by: jdc
Date: July 10, 2018 09:32PM
Same. My TCL mount area is flat.

Not sure what size, or budget you are lookign for -- but FWIW, TCLs 6 series are on sale at Amazon. Highly rated. 4K, HDR, Dolby Vision and Roku. Edit -- sorry they are back up in cost.

[www.amazon.com]

----

Edited 999 time(s). Last edit at 12:08PM by jdc.
Posted by: space-time
Date: July 10, 2018 09:47PM
see what TVs they have in the hospital.
Posted by: Carm
Date: July 10, 2018 10:10PM
There are spacers in the original kit for the mount usually made of plastic/nylon, if you kept it. That was for situations where the TV didn’t have a flat back.

Edit: [www.homedepot.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/10/2018 10:13PM by Carm.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 243
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015