advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Tom Petty fans - An American Treasure box set announced today, first single available now
Posted by: pinkoos
Date: July 11, 2018 09:29AM
Details here: [www.tompetty.com]

First single here: [youtu.be]

"On September 28, Reprise Records will release An American Treasure—a career-spanning Tom Petty box set. The 60-track set unveils dozens of previously unreleased recordings, alternate versions of classic songs, rarities, historic live performances and deep tracks that spotlight Tom’s remarkable depth and evolution as a revered and tremendously influential songwriter, recording artist and performer. An American Treasuremarks the first release of Tom Petty music since the artist’s tragic passing in October 2017.

The first single from An American Treasure is “Keep A Little Soul”—a previously unreleased recording from 1982 sessions that resulted in Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers’ classic album, Long After Dark.

Tom’s daughter, Adria Petty, and his wife, Dana Petty, were the primary catalysts for the commission, creation and release of An American Treasure­—a tribute and love letter pointing to the music in between the hits, and a strong musical portrait of the person they know in their hearts. Adria and Dana both serve as the project’s Executive Producers, and, together with Tom’s bandmates of 45 years, Heartbreakers Mike Campbell and Benmont Tench, and his studio collaborator, Ryan Ulyate, curated the box set’s track list from Petty’s rich song catalog. Campbell, Tench and Ulyate also produced An American Treasure.

The creation of An American Treasure was a true labor of love, as Adria Petty and Dana Petty explain, “Everyone involved in this project chose each track with tremendous care and deep respect for the body of work Tom Petty created over the course of 40 years. He also accumulated a wealth of unreleased music in his vaults, and we have collectively uncovered one gem after another that will keep us all listening and discovering new facets of Tom’s talent for many years to come. We can’t wait to share with Tom’s fans this musical portrait of an artist who deeply affected our culture and indelibly touched the lives of fans the world over.”

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Tom Petty fans - An American Treasure box set announced today, first single available now
Posted by: Zoidberg
Date: July 11, 2018 09:47AM
Have always been a huge fan of Tom Petty's since a friend got me listening back in high school (early 80s).

Saw him live in Texas around that time -- the Long After Dark tour -- absolutely amazing. Perfect show, perfect sound.

same as it ever was
Re: Tom Petty fans - An American Treasure box set announced today, first single available now
Posted by: OWC Jamie
Date: July 11, 2018 09:55AM

Good Luck!
Jamie Dresser
Other World Computing
Date: July 11, 2018 09:58AM
"The custom cover artwork for An American Treasure was created by prominent American artist Shepard Fairey from an image of Petty by renowned photographer Mark Seliger."

OWC Jamie
Posted by: Fritz
Date: July 11, 2018 10:08AM
It'll be good to hear great rnr on the radio this summer.

!#$@@$#!

all I need to know I learnt from Bugs Bunny on Saturday mornings.

Television is a medium because it is neither rare nor well done.
>>>Ernie Kovacs>>>
Posted by: hal
Date: July 11, 2018 03:29PM
How many Tom Petty box sets does the world need? There are a bunch on amazon already, but I suggest that the 4 CD set of the Live Anthology is all you will ever need: [www.amazon.com] It's the best thing of it's kind I've ever heard.

I made a big stink about it when I first got it: [forums.macresource.com]
Date: July 11, 2018 03:32PM
hal
How many Tom Petty box sets does the world need? There are a bunch on amazon already, but I suggest that the 4 CD set of the Live Anthology is all you will ever need: [www.amazon.com] It's the best thing of it's kind I've ever heard.

I made a big stink about it when I first got it: [forums.macresource.com]

Not sure if you had a chance to read the description, but this is not some repackaging of the hits a la The Who:

"The 60-track set unveils dozens of previously unreleased recordings, alternate versions of classic songs, rarities, historic live performances and deep tracks"
Posted by: Bernie
Date: July 11, 2018 04:22PM
Ask me again when it gets closer to release. I do know the tracks are listed individually at Amazon.
The Apartment Song I got to hear.

Staunton, Virginia
Posted by: Will Collier
Date: July 11, 2018 06:38PM
Excellent, a great birthday present for Mrs. C. She's a huge Petty fan (I'm a normal-sized Petty fan), and we were both glad to catch what wound up being his final show here last year.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 189
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015