advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Is anyone still using mint.com?
Posted by: space-time
Date: July 11, 2018 09:45AM
I used mint.com many years ago and I remember the discussions about how risky it was to hand over your financial logins to a third party site. eventually they have been acquired by Intuit I think... over time I stopped using them, and I deleted all my accounts and changed my passwords at other banks.

Over times I discovered that some banks offer the same feature. Fidelity did (I didn't check in a long time but I guess they still do). My favorite is Bank of America. After you log in, go to "Tools and Investing" and the in t he first column called "All my accounts" there is "My Portfolio". You can link all your accounts (other banks, credit cards, investments, mortgages, retirement). real estate values is updated automatically based on Mortgage information.

You get the same functionally as mint.com and it is way more reliable (although I have not used mint.com in many years, maybe they have improved). You can argue again if it is wise to hand over log in info to someone else, but since I keep my most of my money an Bank of America, if that get's hacked I am in trouble anyway. and I would probably have more trust in a bank that some other small website when it comes to security.

Yes, bank of America know more about my financial info, so what.

Hope this helps, I certainly works for me.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Is anyone still using mint.com?
Posted by: Acer
Date: July 11, 2018 10:29AM
Thanks for the suggestion. I use mint as a snapshot of account balances. But I find it be rather bug-prone and lacking features that you'd expect to find in even the most rudimentary financial reporting software.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: July 11, 2018 11:25AM
.....eidetic............

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: July 11, 2018 11:57AM
I would trust a bank's IT security way more than I would trust Mint.com's IT security. Banks also have a much more vested interested in keeping your financial information secure.

Besides, I see no reason to do Intuit any favors, given its second-class citizen treatment of the Mac platform over the last fifteen years or so.

It is what it is.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2018 11:57AM by N-OS X-tasy!.
Posted by: ztirffritz
Date: July 11, 2018 12:49PM
I still use Mint. No issues.

MacResource User Map: [www.zeemaps.com]#
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: July 11, 2018 12:51PM
....have only used spear.....mint.....

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 203
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015