Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Tesla: Saboteur or Whistleblower? Man files formal complaint with SEC
Posted by: pRICE cUBE
Date: July 11, 2018 12:42PM
[jalopnik.com]

A former Tesla technician accused by the automaker of stealing reams of confidential data and leaking it to outside sources now has an attorney, and he’s doubling down on his allegation that Tesla made misstatements to investors about placing punctured batteries into Model 3s that were shipped to customers.

Meissner Associates, a law firm with a history of representing whistleblowers to the Securities and Exchange Commission, confirmed on Tuesday that it’s representing the former Gigafactory technician, Martin Tripp.

In an official SEC Whistleblower Tip filed last Friday, Tripp alleges a series of claims that he has made since being connected to the leak of information. In particular, he claims, that Tesla place batteries “containing dangerous puncture holes in vehicles” and overstated to investors the number of Model 3 vehicles produced by as much as 44 percent. He also claims that Tesla “systematically reused parts already deemed scrap/waste in vehicles without regard to safety,” the statement said.

An SEC tip is an formal whistleblower complaint that could lead to Tripp becoming eligible for a financial award, if securities laws violations are confirmed by the agency.

Tesla, which didn’t immediately respond to a request for comment, has previously denied Tripp’s claims, saying no batteries with punctured holes made it into cars delivered to customers, that Tripp overstated the amount of scrap generated by the company, and asserts the Model 3 production number are accurate. The SEC declined to comment.

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Tesla: Saboteur or Whistleblower? Man files formal complaint with SEC
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: July 11, 2018 12:53PM

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: July 11, 2018 01:13PM
Posted by: hal
Date: July 11, 2018 03:35PM
Apple has a guy stealing secrets and the FBI swoops in and nabs him. Tesla files a suit??? Seems to me that if the law is broken, you got to the authorities and they take care of the bad guy. Who takes a criminal to civil court?
Posted by: Racer X
Date: July 11, 2018 06:25PM
It is my understanding the burden of proof in a civil lawsuit is far lower than in a criminal trial.

That's why OJ was criminally "innocent" but lost the civil lawsuit.
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: July 12, 2018 02:05AM
It is my understanding the burden of proof in a civil lawsuit is far lower than in a criminal trial.

That is exactly right, at least in CA.

I haven't followed this Tesla thing at all. What was the sabotage?

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men
except by believing all possible evil
of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

-An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

Mister, that's a ten-gallon hat on a twenty-gallon head.

I *love* Sigs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: pRICE cUBE
Date: July 12, 2018 09:24AM
RAMd®d

That is exactly right, at least in CA.

I haven't followed this Tesla thing at all. What was the sabotage?

[jalopnik.com]

To: Everybody

Subject: Some concerning news

June 17, 2018

11:57 p.m.

I was dismayed to learn this weekend about a Tesla employee who had conducted quite extensive and damaging sabotage to our operations. This included making direct code changes to the Tesla Manufacturing Operating System under false usernames and exporting large amounts of highly sensitive Tesla data to unknown third parties.

The full extent of his actions are not yet clear, but what he has admitted to so far is pretty bad. His stated motivation is that he wanted a promotion that he did not receive. In light of these actions, not promoting him was definitely the right move.

However, there may be considerably more to this situation than meets the eye, so the investigation will continue in depth this week. We need to figure out if he was acting alone or with others at Tesla and if he was working with any outside organizations.

As you know, there are a long list of organizations that want Tesla to die. These include Wall Street short-sellers, who have already lost billions of dollars and stand to lose a lot more. Then there are the oil & gas companies, the wealthiest industry in the world — they don’t love the idea of Tesla advancing the progress of solar power & electric cars. Don’t want to blow your mind, but rumor has it that those companies are sometimes not super nice. Then there are the multitude of big gas/diesel car company competitors. If they’re willing to cheat so much about emissions, maybe they’re willing to cheat in other ways?

Most of the time, when there is theft of goods, leaking of confidential information, dereliction of duty or outright sabotage, the reason really is something simple like wanting to get back at someone within the company or at the company as a whole. Occasionally, it is much more serious.

Please be extremely vigilant, particularly over the next few weeks as we ramp up the production rate to 5k/week. This is when outside forces have the strongest motivation to stop us.

If you know of, see or suspect anything suspicious, please send a note to [email address removed for privacy] with as much info as possible. This can be done in your name, which will be kept confidential, or completely anonymously.[/i]

[img]http://forums.macresource.com/file.php?1,file=2465,filename=steve.jpg[/img][img]http://lh4.google.com/g4ricecube/R4PC55CB1BI/AAAAAAAAAu4/FTuDgD1aRnc/s144/cartoon.jpg[/img][img]http://lh5.google.com/g4ricecube/R4PAiJCB0XI/AAAAAAAAAo0/XzpT2hdadUo/s144/leaderbeans.jpg[/img] [img]http://forums.macresource.com/file.php?1,file=1171,filename=in_n_out_logo.jpg.jpg
[/img][img]http://forums.macresource.com/file.php?1,file=1160,filename=main_burgerandfries.jpg[/img]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 242
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015