Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
FU: Mounting a New TV on Old Original Swivel Tilt Mount
Posted by: Microman
Date: July 11, 2018 08:42PM
FU: [forums.macresource.com]

Today I bought a Samsung 50" from Costco. It included the Squaretrade 3 year extra warrantee and bought with Costco Visa, so total of 7 years.

On mounting I didn't notice the 4 ADAPTERS in the bag, next to the manual. I did see them pictured on the install picture showing how deep and what screws to use.

I was prepared for M6, like the Vizio's, but there were M8. I didn't use the adapters, although what I have read is, that some people only use two, say in the top two. The depth to reach threads are different on the bottom and the top. So using the same 4 bolts was sort of impossible. SO I used a washer and the screw on the top I think it was, and then many more washers to keep the M8 screw from bottoming out on the other set of two.

Works fine, just not sure why there is something called adapters, and why the different depths of the thread start , so two different size M8 would be needed

Anyone do a Samsung wall mount with those Adapters?, and understand their purpose, I need to decide when I bring another Monoprice 12 foot HDMI cable whether I should try and include the adapters., now not being used.

But at least the Samsung was all flat on the back

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2018 08:43PM by Microman.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: FU: Mounting a New TV on Old Original Swivel Tilt Mount
Posted by: sekker
Date: July 11, 2018 08:59PM
New TV LEADER!
Options:  Reply • Quote
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 237
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018