advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Anyone using DirectTV Now? Telemundo question
Posted by: Psurfer
Date: July 12, 2018 11:04AM
I am trying out the 7-day trial of Direct TV Now, and I cannot find any way to view the Telemundo channel, which I’ll want to watch Sun for the World Cup final. Last night, Telemundo did not show in their channel Guide listings at all (It was definitely listed in their Live a Little $35/mo pkg I chose, w/ both Live, and VOD symbols).
A search on the site for World Cup Telemundo gives many choices/thumbnails, none of them played for me. I can’t even tell if any of the choices would actually be Telemundo if/when they Did play
Can anyone access Telemundo?

And of course trying again now, I just get a black screen when I try to log on to the site at all. Apparently the site is down... I have until tonight to figure out if DirectTV Now is going to work, that’s when my trial period w/ Fubo ends. It’s looking like DirectTV wants me to just pay the $40 to Fubo -for this one game!, since DirectTV seems F’d.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/12/2018 11:12AM by Psurfer.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Anyone using DirectTV Now? Telemundo question
Posted by: graylocks
Date: July 12, 2018 11:25AM
if all else fails, is telemundo available with Hulu Live TV or YouTube TV? both of those have free trials. also if you have Xfinity/Comcast there's a free trial of Instant TV which is how my son has been watching the WC.

"Success isn't about how much money you make. It is about the difference you make in people's lives."--Michelle Obama
Date: July 12, 2018 11:41AM
Thanks, Hulu may be my next try.

I had been apprehensive about signing up for DirectTV/anything related to ATT, and my concern has been proven justified. Go to hand it to them, they are consistent!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/12/2018 11:43AM by Psurfer.
Posted by: space-time
Date: July 12, 2018 11:45AM
Do you have fox sports?
Posted by: JoeH
Date: July 12, 2018 01:01PM
I will check when I get home. Telemundo is listed for my channel package, but is not one I have watched in the past.

One thing that might be causing this, DIrecTV Now recently added a Spanish language package to the lineup. If they messed up the channel permissions, that might cause it to not show up for the base packages.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: July 12, 2018 02:16PM
....sí......

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Date: July 12, 2018 11:39PM
Later today, Telemundo access finally seemed to be working, in-between periods of the site being down, which does not inspire confidence on day 1 of the trial period. I'll definitely keep a plan B alternative in mind come game day.

space-time: Fox Sports... eh. I completely prefer the Telemundo calling of these games, language barrier and all. I highly recommend watching the World Cup that way. If necessary, just keep a separate browser open with running blog post commentary for anything that's not obvious.

I find the Fox announcing like listening to a slow episode of a home improvement show, Telemundo's more like war coverage under heavy fire.
Posted by: graylocks
Date: July 13, 2018 12:29AM
i overheard part of a Fox Broadcast game my son was watching. i told him it sounded like they were covering a baseball game not a soccer game.

"Success isn't about how much money you make. It is about the difference you make in people's lives."--Michelle Obama
Posted by: JoeH
Date: July 13, 2018 01:01AM
I checked once I got home. Telemundo is listed as available for even the lowest price plan for both live and video on demand. But it does not show up on my Guide entries. VOD listings can be searched for though.

I would suggest contacting DirecTV Now about Telemundo. They have a chat help line as well as other contact methods.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 270
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018