advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Wiener Wars: Sam's Club willing to sell you Polish Sausage junkies your next hit
Posted by: pRICE cUBE
Date: July 18, 2018 10:48PM
[thetakeout.com]

Few menu changes seem to have upset people more than the announcement that Costco was eliminating its popular Polish dog in favor of healthier food-court items. In an inspired bit of counter-programming, Costco competitor Sam’s Club has announced that it’s adding a Polish dog to its café menu at all locations starting July 23.

In a press release, Sam’s tells us that the quarter-pound dogs are already at 200 Sam’s Clubs, but are now being added to all locations at the low, low price of 99 cents (rivaling Costco’s famous $1.50 hot dog and soda combo). And it points out, “You don’t have to be a Sam’s Club member to dine in the café.” Slick move, Sam’s Club.

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Wiener Wars: Sam's Club willing to sell you Polish Sausage junkies your next hit
Posted by: Racer X
Date: July 18, 2018 10:51PM
NICE! There is a Sam's Club a few miles away.

One thing about Costco that bugs me is that I can't buy a 'dog and a soda and add a second 'dog without a second soda. If I get a refill, why do I need a second cup?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/18/2018 10:52PM by Racer X.
Re: Wiener Wars: Sam's Club willing to sell you Polish Sausage junkies your next hit
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: July 18, 2018 11:11PM
Racer X
One thing about Costco that bugs me is that I can't buy a 'dog and a soda and add a second 'dog without a second soda. If I get a refill, why do I need a second cup?

I always order this way. I order two hot dogs and tell them I only need one cup — it’s never been a problem.

There is a Sam’s Club literally right next door to my local Costco — I’m going to have to check out their Polish Dog offering.

It is what it is.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/18/2018 11:23PM by N-OS X-tasy!.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: July 19, 2018 04:25AM
....so you guys are willing to stick that......down your throat....?!?!?!?

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: WHiiP
Date: July 19, 2018 06:48AM
NewtonMP2100

Are you really bringing up that TOPIC????

Bill
Flagler Beach, FL 32136

Carpe Vino!

Fermentation may have been a greater discovery than fire.
— David Rains Wallace
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: July 19, 2018 07:05AM
WHiiP
NewtonMP2100

Are you really bringing up that TOPIC????

....are you going blind/deaf.......do I need to repeat it....??

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/19/2018 07:10AM by NewtonMP2100.
Posted by: MarkD
Date: July 19, 2018 07:40AM
Sam's Club in Houston serves Nathan's hotdogs and buns and has all the coke products. Better dog and better drink choices. Yes, see lots of outside people wander in for the dogs or pizza.
Posted by: rz
Date: July 19, 2018 08:47AM
Can't wait.
Posted by: Racer X
Date: July 19, 2018 01:13PM
N-OS X-tasy!
Racer X

I always order this way. I order two hot dogs and tell them I only need one cup — it’s never been a problem.

There is a Sam’s Club literally right next door to my local Costco — I’m going to have to check out their Polish Dog offering.

I know you don't need to accept the second cup, but you still pay for it. Looks like Sam's Club will sell just the hot dog or Polish Dog by itself.
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: July 19, 2018 02:47PM
Racer X
N-OS X-tasy!
Racer X

I know you don't need to accept the second cup, but you still pay for it. Looks like Sam's Club will sell just the hot dog or Polish Dog by itself.

Ah. Definitely a step in the right direction.

It is what it is.
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: July 19, 2018 05:26PM
Costco, Costco, no Sam's.

Closest one is over 25mi and not worth braving the Concord concrete congestion.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

Perfection is the enemy of progress. -Winston Churchill

-An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

Mister, that's a ten-gallon hat on a twenty-gallon head.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 272
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018