advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
our house, if a very, very very fine house?!.....'Brady Bunch' house for sale but may be torn down....
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: July 19, 2018 06:08AM
....for those who walk down nostalgia lane......

‘Brady Bunch’ House For Sale – But May Be Torn Down

......The iconic home that served as the exterior of TV’s Brady Bunch is up for sale. But among those eyeing the property are developers who may consider tearing it down.

The house, located at 11222 Dilling Street in Studio City, CA., is listed for $1.85 million in the multiple listings service and just went on the market. The listing calls the property “the second-most photographed home in the United States,” after the White House.

The residence is two bedrooms with three bathrooms and has two master suites. It boasts 2477 square feet on a lot size approximately a third of an acre. The house is on sale for the first time in 45 years, having been bought by its current owners in 1973.

The home was used in the exterior shots of the Brady Bunch series, with interiors done at a sound stage. The beloved Sherwood Schwartz sitcom aired from September 1969 to March 1974, revolving around a large blended familly. While never a critics favorite or ratings giant, its frequent reruns turned it into a cult classic, spawning a series of TV spinoffs, reunion films, and stage plays.

“I have several buyers already interested,” said Jodie Levitus Francisco, a realtor with Berkshire Hathaway. “They’re developers for the lot size. They might tear down, but the listing agent said the family was hoping to get someone to preserve the house, and at $1.85, I don’t know if a developer would pay that much.”

and so it goes.........?!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/19/2018 06:21AM by NewtonMP2100.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: our house, if a very, very very fine house?!.....'Brady Bunch' house for sale but may be torn down....
Posted by: ka jowct
Date: July 19, 2018 06:43AM
Wow, that show was awful. Even if I had that kind of money to blow on a house, I wouldn’t want one that attracted fans with cameras.
Re: our house, if a very, very very fine house?!.....'Brady Bunch' house for sale but may be torn down....
Posted by: 3d
Date: July 19, 2018 08:07AM
OOH! My nose!
Posted by: Acer
Date: July 19, 2018 08:17AM
The thing's virtually a national monument.
Posted by: GGD
Date: July 19, 2018 08:33AM
NewtonMP2100
The residence is two bedrooms with three bathrooms

And they had a family of 9 living there (3 boys, 3 girls, 2 parents + Alice).
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: July 19, 2018 09:00AM
No sunken lining room? Not interested!
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: July 19, 2018 09:40AM
A slightly different (more local, less alarmist) take on things: [www.latimes.com]

It is what it is.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/19/2018 09:41AM by N-OS X-tasy!.
Posted by: Acer
Date: July 19, 2018 09:55AM
NewtonMP2100

Is that counting Greg's bachelor pad above the garage?
Posted by: Racer X
Date: July 19, 2018 01:04PM
GGD
NewtonMP2100

Don't forget Tiger!
Posted by: 3d
Date: July 19, 2018 01:18PM
Racer X
GGD
NewtonMP2100

Don't forget Tiger!

And Cousin Oliver!
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: July 19, 2018 01:21PM
....and Sam the Butcher.....oh, never mind......

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: Racer X
Date: July 19, 2018 01:27PM
Will need a thorough home inspection because of that time the washing machine flooded.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 156
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018