advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Messages not alerting me
Posted by: Spiff
Date: July 30, 2018 09:07PM
So I recently ran into a problem (it really hurt) that my phone does not wake up with messages/texts. I did some searching and tried a bunch of fixes including allowing alerts in notifications, making sure that Do Not Disturb is off, and sound settings are as they should be. No dice. I finally found a wacky solution of turning off bluetooth. So I did. And sun of a gun! That worked! I turned bluetooth back on and it does not wake up with texts.

iPhone X, iOS 11.4, was on 11.2 or something, but I upgraded to see if that was the problem. It wasn't.

Thoughts? Cause now I have to manually start BT in the car, then remember to turn it off when finished driving to get alerts for text messages again. Gah. Why doesn't it Just Work?
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Messages not alerting me
Date: July 30, 2018 09:14PM
update: Erasing all Bluetooth paired devices on the phone does not solve the issue
Posted by: mattkime
Date: July 30, 2018 10:04PM
Are you sure both the hardware dnd is off and the one when you swipe from bottom?

Posted by: Carm
Date: July 30, 2018 10:05PM
Erase all network and settings. See if that helps.
Settings>General>Reset>Erase Network and Settings.
Date: July 30, 2018 10:44PM
Ok! So annoying as it is to erase all WiFi and passwords, resetting network settings seems to have worked. Adding back on Bluetooth connections for my car has not buggered it up again. Mattkime: not sure I understand? I went into settings for the dnd. Is there another setting for dnd?
Posted by: Carm
Date: July 31, 2018 10:42AM
Glad to hear it worked Spiff.
Posted by: Mike Johnson
Date: July 31, 2018 01:27PM
I think he meant the switch on the side of the phone. Obviously you've got it working now but that's often the culprit.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 208
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020