advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
je ne regrette rien?!....have you ever helped someone out and regretted it later....
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: August 09, 2018 11:16AM
Poll
helped someone out and reqretted later?
Only registered users are allowed to vote for this poll.
36 votes were received.
yes. never again 2

6%
yes, but will continue to help others (just one bad egg) 33

92%
no, and glad I never did 1

2%
people are selfish and only care about themselves so no and never will 0

0%

.....you know not that you had to help but out of the goodness of your heart.....and then got stabbed in the back or just plain regretted it later (for whatever reason)......??

......yup....

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/09/2018 11:21AM by NewtonMP2100.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: je ne regrette rien?!....have you ever helped someone out and regretted it later....
Posted by: Robert M
Date: August 09, 2018 11:17AM
Newt,

Yups. I wouldn't say I got stabbed in the back but will definitely say that often it became _way_ more trouble than it was worth. So much, that I've been asked for assistance by the same individuals and have politely told them not a chance.

Robert
Re: je ne regrette rien?!....have you ever helped someone out and regretted it later....
Posted by: Carm
Date: August 09, 2018 11:35AM
What Robert M said.
Posted by: ztirffritz
Date: August 09, 2018 11:41AM
I have a good friend that seems to be trapped under a black cloud. He gets a good job and his boss plows the company into the ground during a divorce settlement. His car get's totaled while parked on the street. His dog has cancer. His wife has cancer. His dad has ALS. His mom is a closet alcoholic, possibly an opioid drug addict. He visits a doctor because he thinks that he's having panic attacks with numbness in his extremities only to learn that he appears to have MS. I try to help him when and where I can, but honestly it's like approaching a black hole. You don't want to get too close for fear of being pulled in.

I know that he'd fly across the country if I told him I needed him here. He knows that I'd do the same for him. By no fault of his own though, life has delivered unto him smackdown after smackdown.

MacResource User Map: [www.zeemaps.com]#
Posted by: kurtzie
Date: August 09, 2018 11:56AM
Sometimes the old adage is true: No good deed goes unpunished.
Posted by: space-time
Date: August 09, 2018 11:59AM
Carm
What Robert M said.
What Carm said.
Posted by: ka jowct
Date: August 09, 2018 01:01PM
I regret trying to help one person. Regret it on a daily basis, unfortunately:
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: August 09, 2018 01:46PM
I think my record in this is clear and public in this phorum. No offers for a reality TV show yet, though..... Probably because it's just not believable that someone as intelligent as I am supposed to be could be so damn gullible.
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: August 09, 2018 04:04PM
Answered "yes, but will continue to help others (just one bad egg)"

But I've encountered more than one bad egg out there.
Posted by: testcase
Date: August 09, 2018 10:42PM
DeusxMac
Answered "yes, but will continue to help others (just one bad egg)"

But I've encountered more than one bad egg out there.

agree smiley

Some people are simply takers/users of whatever they can get away with. They will always come back to try to get more out of you.
Posted by: Racer X
Date: August 10, 2018 12:39AM
Carm
What Robert M said.

What both of them said.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 311
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015