advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
night of the comet?!......Comet TV [ free OTA - sci-fi ] adds 'Babylon 5' and 'Space 1999'.....
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: August 23, 2018 07:26AM
.....Comet TV is free OTA channel that focuses on sci-fi.....have added Babylon 5 and Space 1999 [ coming in the Fall ]......

........they already have Andromeda, Stargate SG1, etc...........

....you can check your area for availability for OTA.....you can also watch on Roku, Apple TV [ both via app ] or watch it 'live' on the website....

.....Good news Sci-Fi fans! Today Comet the free over the air TV network announced that they are adding Babylon 5 and Space 1999 to their lineup. It was also announced that CHiPs will be joining the Charge TV lineup for free with your antenna or streaming online on a Roku or Apple TV.

Babylon 5 along with Space 1999 will join Stargate SG1 and Andromeda as part of Comet TV’s new prime-time lineup.............

here is the link to the website.........?!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/23/2018 08:17AM by NewtonMP2100.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: night of the comet?!......Comet TV [ free OTA - sci-fi ] adds 'Babylon 5' and 'Space 1999'.....
Posted by: p8712
Date: August 23, 2018 08:02AM
Did not know this channel existed. It is local to me too! I'll try to Pick it up OTA or bus out the AppleTV, if needed.

B5 is also on amazon, and worth a watch if you've never seen it. Just suffer through the first season and you're golden.

Re: night of the comet?!......Comet TV [ free OTA - sci-fi ] adds 'Babylon 5' and 'Space 1999'.....
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: August 23, 2018 12:11PM
1999 as well ? I had a love affair with that show when it first aired. Of course all the aliens spoke with English accents...
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: August 23, 2018 12:16PM
....and Barbara Bain......and later Catherine Schell............

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: bazookaman
Date: August 23, 2018 12:30PM
p8712
Did not know this channel existed. It is local to me too! I'll try to Pick it up OTA or bus out the AppleTV, if needed.

B5 is also on amazon, and worth a watch if you've never seen it. Just suffer through the first season and you're golden.

I started watching it again when it hit Amazon. I'd forgotten how bad the music was. There's a lot that doesn't hold up today but I think thats the worst part. Still enjoyable.

Posted by: Racer X
Date: August 23, 2018 02:02PM
Sure, but what about "Night of the Comet"?

Daddy would have bought us Uzis.
Posted by: Rolando
Date: August 23, 2018 02:04PM
bazookaman
p8712

I started watching it again when it hit Amazon. I'd forgotten how bad the music was. There's a lot that doesn't hold up today but I think thats the worst part. Still enjoyable.

I think the music is the best part, after the overall story arc. The Acting, the sets, the VGA CGI....not so much

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: August 23, 2018 06:11PM
bazookaman

Just finished binging Space 1999.

It's not so good as my childhood recollection would have had it.

There's hardly an element that's actually sci-fi. It's far-out fantasy in a space-milieu with bad acting and hardly 5 minutes go by without the introduction of new plot holes. Continuity-gaps and deus ex resolutions abound.

Still enjoyable.

Posted by: AllGold
Date: August 23, 2018 09:02PM
My memory is really foggy. I think I watched Space: 1999 when I was a kid, but I can't remember anything about it. But I'm certain I watched UFO, which was another british sci-fi TV series. Can't remember much about that either.

Posted by: bazookaman
Date: August 24, 2018 01:24PM
AllGold
My memory is really foggy. I think I watched Space: 1999 when I was a kid, but I can't remember anything about it. But I'm certain I watched UFO, which was another british sci-fi TV series. Can't remember much about that either.

I used to watch Space 1999 but all I remember was really wanting the model of the Eagle One.

Posted by: Bill in NC
Date: August 24, 2018 06:26PM
I just wanted a working Eagle...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 219
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020