Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Apple snatching up Teslas employees
Posted by: pRICE cUBE
Date: August 24, 2018 03:14PM
[www.cultofmac.com]

Apple has hired away numerous Tesla employees since the end of last year — and not just to work on its Apple Car efforts, either.

According to LinkedIn data, 46 former Tesla employees have joined Apple since late 2017: either leaving the company directly for Apple, or being dismissed and then joining. These include manufacturing experts, security and software engineers, supply chain authorities, and more. And Tesla has an official statement to make about it.

In a statement to CNBC, Tesla didn’t deny the exodus of employees to Apple, and highlighted the financial gulf between the two companies:

“We wish them well. Tesla is the hard path. We have 100 times less money than Apple, so of course they can afford to pay more. We are in extremely difficult battles against entrenched auto companies that make 100 times more cars than we did last year, so of course this is very hard work. We don’t even have money for advertising or endorsements or discounts, so must survive on the quality of our products alone. Nonetheless, we believe in our mission and that it is worth the sacrifice of time and the never ending barrage of negativity by those who wish us ill. So it goes. The world must move to sustainable energy and it must do so now.”

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Apple snatching up Teslas employees
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: August 24, 2018 03:17PM
.....hehehe....snatch.....

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: August 24, 2018 03:40PM
Anybody want to bet the Apple electric car uses a unique cable that won't plug into any other charger?

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Date: August 24, 2018 03:42PM
Filliam H. Muffman
Anybody want to bet the Apple electric car uses a unique cable that won't plug into any other charger?

You will need a unique garage to park it in also.

Posted by: lost in space
Date: August 24, 2018 05:11PM
Filliam H. Muffman

Yup. God help them if Cook lets Ive near any standardized controls, like steering or brakes.

Posted by: Drew
Date: August 24, 2018 05:20PM
lost in space
Yup. God help them if Cook lets Ive near any standardized controls, like steering or brakes.

ARGH! I've been kind of exited about a possible Apple car. Forgot about Jony.
Posted by: Rick-o
Date: August 24, 2018 05:35PM
Pfft! They'll have a dongle for that!

Mr. Lahey: A lot of people, don’t know how to drink. They drink against the grain of the liquor. And when you drink against the grain of the liquor? You lose.

Randy: What the @#$%& are you talking about?
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: August 24, 2018 06:23PM
Two words -- proprietary tires.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld

"WE CALL BS!" -- Emma Gonzalez
Posted by: Racer X
Date: August 24, 2018 06:59PM
Maybe they will buy the Michelin TRX patents! [en.wikipedia.org]
Date: August 24, 2018 07:04PM
I hope they name it the Dongle.

Posted by: samintx
Date: August 24, 2018 08:05PM
I wish Apple would forget building cars and just make a deal with Tesla to put Apple stuff in the Tesla cars.
Posted by: saintyohann
Date: August 24, 2018 08:56PM
When I was at Apple Tesla was offering Apple employees their salary+50% to come over. They were falling over themselves to get whatever they could, even if they didn't have a position for them. Most were miserable and came back.
Posted by: bfd
Date: August 24, 2018 09:07PM
pRICE cUBE
Filliam H. Muffman

You will need a unique garage to park it in also.

No prob. There are already Apple stores everywhere…
Posted by: MacArtist
Date: August 25, 2018 10:27AM
I wish Apple would forget about cars and start making great computers again.

A boy can dream...

Posted by: freeradical
Date: August 25, 2018 12:18PM
Think Different
Date: August 25, 2018 12:21PM
MacArtist
I wish Apple would forget about cars and start making great computers again.

A boy can dream...

Don't need to forget about cars to do that. I'd love to have a "Pro" mini. Yeah, good luck.
Posted by: Carnos Jax
Date: August 25, 2018 12:26PM
I think one of the reasons Apple (and Google) is looking into cars is because of who is going to dominate in the car OS (operating system) space. This is another potential money making area for Tesla as well.

To see what this means, you have to notice cars are going to electronic displays (like LCDs) for all interaction between car and driver. The potential for this application is big as the global market for automobiles. Whoever dominates in this space can be the next Microsoft, Google or Apple.
Date: August 25, 2018 12:31PM
No doubt that self driving vehicles are the near future. They will feature increased safety and economy, as well as other benefits, and my grandkids will probably never need to get a driver's license. Fundamental changes that some will profit handsomely from.
Posted by: Racer X
Date: August 25, 2018 07:41PM
Carnos Jax
I think one of the reasons Apple (and Google) is looking into cars is because of who is going to dominate in the car OS (operating system) space. This is another potential money making area for Tesla as well.

To see what this means, you have to notice cars are going to electronic displays (like LCDs) for all interaction between car and driver. The potential for this application is big as the global market for automobiles. Whoever dominates in this space can be the next Microsoft, Google or Apple.

Until that one digital interface craps out, and you have a $4000 repair bill.
Posted by: space-time
Date: August 26, 2018 10:23AM
the business model of self driving cars is probably not what most of you think. That is all I can say in a public forum.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 249
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018