advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Shameless self promotiion
Posted by: Don C
Date: August 29, 2018 10:54PM
Our house was chosen as the Home of the Week as a promotion for the upcoming New Albany Historic Homes Tour published by the Courier-Journal. FWIW: here is a link to the story:
[www.courier-journal.com]

The CJ might pop a full page ad on top of the story so you have to scroll down below the ad to find the story, "1851 Mansion..."

The bathroom remodeling project looks like it will be finished with HOURS to spare before we begin accepting visitors.

Edited for typos which obviously snuck in AFTER I hit post

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/29/2018 10:56PM by Don C.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Shameless self promotiion
Posted by: MarkD
Date: August 29, 2018 11:32PM
Really nice work and a lot of it. The back porch looks like a great place to hang out.
Posted by: GGD
Date: August 29, 2018 11:33PM
They have a typo when you view the photo album. They title it "Step inside this quirky and eclectic 1950s home", only off by a century.

Thanks for posting, quite a project.
Date: August 29, 2018 11:54PM
That 1950 headline comes and goes. It seems to depend on just how you reach the site. I find that sometimes it is correct and other times it shows 1950. I have not figured out what "entry point" gives the 1950 headline.

Another sub-headline was supposed to be the word Depinkification which the poor reporter could not handle. EVERY ROOM in the house had pink somewhere. Wallpaper, several ceilings, window treatments (curtains and shades), and most of the house was covered in mauve carpet. (We called it pink, but the previous owner corrected me on that point ... it was mauve.) Expensive stuff and we tossed almost all of it, and somebody took it out of the dumpster! One friend took some for weed control in her back yard, putting it pink side up just to irritate her neighbor. You could see the pink mauve color on the Google overhead view of her property.
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: August 30, 2018 12:12AM
Beautiful staircase. And great ceiling height. My home is 40 years more modern than yours!
Posted by: rgG
Date: August 30, 2018 06:33AM
Very nice! That must have been more work than I can even imagine.

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Posted by: mstudio
Date: August 30, 2018 08:50AM
Nice joint.
Posted by: Spiff
Date: August 30, 2018 09:22AM
OK. One thing is missing. Where's a pic of the Mac?
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: August 30, 2018 02:03PM
That's gorgeous.
What do you do for insulation?
Posted by: blooz
Date: August 30, 2018 02:25PM
Looks great!

And we should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once.
—Friedrich Nietzsche
Western Massachusetts
Posted by: Speedy
Date: August 30, 2018 08:25PM
Yes, nice place. Must be a bear to dust. Who's the dummy in the second floor den?

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Date: August 30, 2018 10:56PM
I had the cellulose in the attic removed and replaced with foam; the electricians who replaced the knob and tube wiring with up to code wiring sure wish I had done that before they had to crawl around in the attic in September heat.

Walls are brick and stone providing whatever insulation that provides. With no central A/C, the 2nd floor hallway can be pretty toasty on a warm summer day so we use window units to cool rooms we are using.

The iMac and the MBP are in my office which is too messy to photograph. Wife has made it quite clear that it will not be messy on the day of the show and the computers will be out of sight.

12' ceilings are a joy to see but they make for long staircases. The front staircase has a different number of steps than the back staircase; built at different times, they have a different rise to each step.

Charlie McCarthy is the doll. He worked at one time. Freaks out the grandkids who will not go into a room where he is sitting (on a child's potty seat).
Posted by: prymsnap
Date: August 31, 2018 09:09AM
Lovely!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 137
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018