advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Amazon Prime Delivery really Sucks...
Posted by: spacescape
Date: September 13, 2018 08:35AM
Ever since they started delivering some of their shipments on their own... I've had several packages "lost" and "delayed"... It's as if their drivers just decide when and if they are delivering something. Wish they would just let the postal service and UPS deliver their packages.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Amazon Prime Delivery really Sucks...
Posted by: OWC Jamie
Date: September 13, 2018 08:37AM
Ditto. 2 items now lost one permanently and one delayed 2 days.

Complain. It works - they ended up crediting me my Prime account, basically giving me 9 months free. Still didn't fix the loss of time with the missing package.

Good Luck!
Jamie Dresser
Other World Computing
Posted by: stephen
Date: September 13, 2018 08:43AM
Agreed. My biggest issues have been with the two-hour PrimeNow service. Drivers simply show up, say delivery attempted, and leave. My condo building isn't rocket science, and clear instructions appear with my order.

And since then, this week, my condo building has voted not to let Amazon drivers deliver direct to our doors, because they aren't vetted and background checked like UPS and FedEx.
Posted by: Fritz
Date: September 13, 2018 09:08AM
[www.nytimes.com]

!#$@@$#!

all I need to know I learnt from Bugs Bunny on Saturday mornings.

Television is a medium because it is neither rare nor well done.
>>>Ernie Kovacs>>>
Posted by: MrNoBody
Date: September 13, 2018 09:15AM
I've already decided not to renew next year. Just not worth the $$$ for me.
ymmv old fogey smiley

N39° 39.7234', W075° 33.9788'
"I Call Shenanigans!"
-Kyle Broflovski

“If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.”
-Albert Einstein

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/13/2018 09:16AM by MrNoBody.
Posted by: ka jowct
Date: September 13, 2018 09:16AM
They use USPS plenty in NYC, and the results are not impressive. Unless you don’t care whether your package is left in the correct building.
Posted by: Robert M
Date: September 13, 2018 09:33AM
Space,

Just the opposite here. Packages delivered by Amazon drivers make it here efficiently. Same goes for UPS and Fedex. Problems arise when the USPS enters the picture. Nothing but trouble. 'course, I have Amazon orders delivered to a business. Could be that is what is making the difference.

Robert
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: September 13, 2018 10:07AM
Fritz
[www.nytimes.com]

Fascinating article, thanks Fritz.
Posted by: cyclemax
Date: September 13, 2018 10:48AM
Amazon used their delivery service in my area for awhile. It only lasted about 6 months or so. Back to UPS and USPS now.
Posted by: ka jowct
Date: September 13, 2018 11:14AM
Robert M
Space,

Just the opposite here. Packages delivered by Amazon drivers make it here efficiently. Same goes for UPS and Fedex. Problems arise when the USPS enters the picture. Nothing but trouble. 'course, I have Amazon orders delivered to a business. Could be that is what is making the difference.

Robert

There were so many botched deliveries in my area about a year ago that a local council member got involved, USPS seems to have cleaned up their act somewhat, after the bad publicity, but there are still incidents, like packages being shown by tracking as delivered when they are still at the post office or sitting in front of the wrong door. Part of the problem is that USPS still seems to have no effective tracking system in place for a lot of the packages and high priority mail that pass through the system.
Posted by: Kraniac
Date: September 13, 2018 11:15AM
I started a thread about Amazon deliveries a few weeks ago...bottom line in my area..out of control..packages left basically on the curb, thrown..hurled over fences..saw it again yesterday..upstairs neighbors packages regularly stolen from stoop on sidewalk, lost...feels like complete chaos.
Re: Amazon Prime Delivery really Sucks... For you.
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: September 13, 2018 11:15AM
Location, location, location.

Finding good delivery people for part-time work isn't easy, not that it isn't AMZ's responsibility to do so. Obviously it is.

Lost packages are always a problem with any vendor other than AMZ. I've only had one delivery problem I can recall and that was with one of their third-party vendors. The package was poorly prepared and arrived empty. I took pics and told AMZ I was ready to send them, but they said no worries. So everything worked out.

I just got off the phone with them a few minutes ago to get another problem sorted. I ordered a Prime video almost six months ago, and while trying to download it, ended up ordering it again! Problem corrected. Their customer service is great.

I'm fortunate to have great service with them. Sometimes it's their people, some times it's USPS. But it works for me.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men
except by believing all possible evil
of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

-An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

Mister, that's a ten-gallon hat on a twenty-gallon head.

I *love* Sigs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: September 13, 2018 11:33AM
I keep hoping to have a package or two delivered late.. I've never been able to get even one free month extension.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld

"WE CALL BS!" -- Emma Gonzalez
Posted by: billb
Date: September 13, 2018 11:50AM
ununionized independent contractors with absolutely no incentives to GAF. What could possibly go wrong.

The Phorum Wall keeps us safe from illegal characters and words
The doorstep to the temple of wisdom is the knowledge of one's own ignorance. -Benjamin Franklin
BOYCOTT YOPLAIT [www.noyoplait.com]
[soundcloud.com]
Posted by: 3d
Date: September 13, 2018 12:32PM
Ombligo
I keep hoping to have a package or two delivered late.. I've never been able to get even one free month extension.

If you are so inclined, to increase your chances of a screw-up don't gang up your orders into one delivery. If you need 5 things from Amazon. Separate them out into 5 separate orders. ie: Order 1 item on Monday. 1 item on Tuesday. 1 item on Wednesday.
Posted by: Robert M
Date: September 13, 2018 12:49PM
3d,

If that means increasing the risk of Amazon shipping via the USPS, then not a chance in hell!

Robert
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: September 13, 2018 01:13PM
I've had consistently good luck having my Amazon purchases delivered to my office. Not surprising, considering we are serviced daily by USPS, UPS and FedEx, at a minimum.

If delivery to your workplace is an option, I highly recommend it.

It is what it is.
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: September 13, 2018 02:09PM
In my case, I think it has more to do with know the postal carrier, UPS driver, and Fedex driver by name. It's a small town and they still actually care about do a good job.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld

"WE CALL BS!" -- Emma Gonzalez
Posted by: Bernie
Date: September 13, 2018 03:35PM
Hey Fritz,
You trying to hijack this thread.
That article never once mentioned shipping.
This is a shipping rant.

And I enjoyed the read.smiley_gun_sniper

Staunton, Virginia
Posted by: $tevie
Date: September 13, 2018 05:18PM
It must depend on where you live. I have ordered so very very much from Amazon and from Amazon Prime Now, and have so few complaints.

Posted by: Sarcany
Date: September 13, 2018 08:47PM
spacescape
It's as if their drivers just decide when and if they are delivering something.

Pretty sure that's exactly what's going on.

They have too many packages to deliver in too short a time. Every once in awhile, one of them gets tired of living off of caffeine and pissing in bottles, marks his packages "delivered" or "undeliverable" and goes home for a nap.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 242
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018