Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Bezos Day One Fund
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: September 13, 2018 03:28PM
[www.seattletimes.com]

Your Prime membership fees will be doing some good. The nationwide campaign will fund preschools in low income communities, and support groups that work to reduce homelessness.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Bezos Day One Fund
Posted by: anonymouse1
Date: September 13, 2018 08:47PM
Umm, he’s saying that they want to treat students like customers. How about treating them like, I don’t know, students?
Posted by: freeradical
Date: September 13, 2018 10:49PM
A free Echo for every student/customer.
Posted by: Racer X
Date: September 13, 2018 11:25PM
Jeff could make an immediate positive impact in the daily lives of hundreds of thousands of people living and driving through the South Lake Union area of Seattle if he would just send out an all users memo demanding his workers follow Seattle and Washington State pedestrian laws

Bolting into traffic - No pedestrian or bicycle shall suddenly leave a curb and move into traffic so that the driver can not stop (RCW 46.61.235).

Yield to vehicles outside intersections - Every pedestrian crossing a roadway at any point other than within a marked crosswalk or within an unmarked crosswalk at an intersection shall yield the right of way to all vehicles upon the roadway (RCW 46.61.240).

Traffic signals - Pedestrians must obey traffic signals and traffic control devices unless otherwise directed by a traffic or police officer (RCW 46.61.050).

Much of Seattle's traffic gridlock involves pedestrians (and Amazon employees are easy to spot by their badges BTW) ignoring the law, common sense, and personal self preservation.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/13/2018 11:39PM by Racer X.
Posted by: Acer
Date: September 14, 2018 11:04AM
Will it be funding meaningful proposals from those in field, as in (my impression of) the Gates fund? Or will it be a top-down My Money, My Ideas thing, like the "everybody gets a tablet whether they want it or not and they better use it" craze we seem to be stuck in.
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: September 14, 2018 11:36AM
Acer
Will it be funding meaningful proposals from those in field, as in (my impression of) the Gates fund? Or will it be a top-down My Money, My Ideas thing, like the "everybody gets a tablet whether they want it or not and they better use it" craze we seem to be stuck in.

My understanding of the homelessness initiative is that it will fund nonprofits already working to address the problem. Not many details yet about how the preschool initiative will be managed but I read that they want it to be a Montessori-style model for low income families that is tuition-free. I'm all for that.
Posted by: vision63
Date: September 14, 2018 01:26PM
Acer

I'll take a Tablet. 12" pro thnx
Posted by: Acer
Date: September 14, 2018 01:54PM
vision63
Acer

I'll take a Tablet. 12" pro thnx

Forwarded to Bezos. He'll be in touch.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 237
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015