advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
grody to the max?!.....Sandra Lee's worst Food Network recipe....ever........
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: September 13, 2018 07:18PM
......ran into this.......described as almost comical....

.......Food Network has removed it from their website but it lives on......via the internet.....

Kwanzaa Cake

.......Much of the criticism of Lee has coalesced around a recipe for "Kwanzaa Cake" that she demonstrated on a 2003 episode of Semi-Homemade Cooking with Sandra Lee. The recipe consisted of angel food cake topped with icing, cocoa powder, cinnamon, apple pie filling, pumpkin seeds and acorns (all store-bought), with seven Kwanzaa candles then inserted into the cake.

Food writer Anthony Bourdain, who was harshly critical of Lee in general, described the video clip of this segment of the show as "eye searing" and "a war crime". The cake was called "scary" by the Houston Chronicle, and "the most ghastly-sounding dish in Lee's culinary repertoire" by Tulsa World. Salon.com wrote that the video "takes pride of place in the pantheon of hilarious culinary disaster videos".

Cookbook author Denise Vivaldo, who claims to have ghostwritten recipes for many celebrity chefs, wrote a humorous post in The Huffington Post in December 2010 stating that she was responsible for the recipe (though she said that the candles were Lee's idea), and apologizing for it. She also wrote that Lee "has incredibly bad food taste". A week later, the post was removed, after Lee's lawyer threatened legal action. Lee has said this recipe is the only one of hers whose criticism she has taken to heart, and that the recipe was partly due to the Food Network dictating the show's content at the time......

here is link to youtube to the actual video of the recipe.......?!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/13/2018 07:35PM by NewtonMP2100.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: grody to the max?!.....Sandra Lee's worst Food Network recipe....ever........
Posted by: p8712
Date: September 13, 2018 08:28PM
This is my favorite horrible recipe. It should count as a hate crime. The corn nuts, i mean 'acorns' really sell it.

This shirt rocks!

She went after Jews, too

Take an ordinary cake, dye the frosting blue and voila! A Jewish holiday cake! tongue sticking out smiley

* Most marshmallows are made with gelatin from unkosher animal bones. It just shows how clueless Sandra is in terms of taste, presentation and ethnic sensitivity. As with her other recipes, I wish I could give it 0 stars.
Re: grody to the max?!.....Sandra Lee's worst Food Network recipe....ever........
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: September 15, 2018 05:55PM
p8712
This is my favorite horrible recipe. It should count as a hate crime. The corn nuts, i mean 'acorns' really sell it.

This shirt rocks!

She went after Jews, too

Take an ordinary cake, dye the frosting blue and voila! A Jewish holiday cake! tongue sticking out smiley

* Most marshmallows are made with gelatin from unkosher animal bones.

Decades ago, that was widely considered so. And in that time, a lot of gelatin was made from pig skins, so doubly awful. But even then there was a bit of debate because animal bones and hides are not considered food and are defacto “kosher.”

I think the majority today has gone the other way: Gelatin is generally kosher.

And for those who don't think so, there are kosher marshmallows made from fish-gelatin.

It's very possible that she crammed kosher marshmallows in there.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/16/2018 09:40AM by Sarcany.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 147
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018