advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
oh, it's happening?!......this classic 90's sitcom reboot gets green light @ ABC....
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: September 14, 2018 07:08AM
.....'Designing Women' (mentioned here).....is happening at ABC [ script commitment ]....it will be a continuation of the story for another generation of Sugarbakers.......

.....some previous cast members are no longer with us......Dixie Carter, Meshach Taylor, Jan Hooks have passed away.....

Designing Women Sequel Lands at ABC

.....ABC is rolling out the red carpet — or at least hanging up the red drapes — for the Designing Women. A sequel of the Emmy Award-winning comedy, which ran from 1986 to 1993 on CBS, has received a script commitment from the Alphabet Network, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

Original series creator Linda Bloodworth Thomason and executive producer Harry Thomason are behind the new multi-cam series, which will “follow the next generation of Sugarbakers with a crop of new, young, female designers at an Atlanta interior design firm.”

“I’m very excited to be working with ABC,” Bloodworth Thomason tells THR. “And Sony has always been a great partner for Designing Women. Normally, I’m not a fan of reboots, but Designing Women does seem to have the right fengshui for all that is going on right now. We could definitely have some fun.”

The original Designing Women cast included (at various intervals) Dixie Carter, Annie Potts, Meshach Taylor, Jean Smart, Delta Burke, Jan Hooks, Julia Duffy and Judith Ivey. According to the report, several classic characters will make occasional appearances in the event that ABC orders the sequel to series. Unfortunately, a few of the original cast members have since passed away — Carter in 2010, then Hooks and Taylor in 2014.

the sequel................is happening...........?!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/14/2018 07:25AM by NewtonMP2100.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: oh, it's happening?!......this classic 90's sitcom reboot gets green light @ ABC....
Posted by: ka jowct
Date: September 14, 2018 09:10AM
It was must-miss TV for me the first time around.
Re: oh, it's happening?!......this classic 90's sitcom reboot gets green light @ ABC....
Posted by: 3d
Date: September 14, 2018 09:19AM
Wake me when they reboot the 90s classic, Saturday Night's MAIN EVENT.

Posted by: Z
Date: September 14, 2018 10:33AM
Keep the iron shiek out of this!
Posted by: mikebw
Date: September 14, 2018 12:02PM
Z
Keep the iron shiek out of this!

On the contrary, I think we should have more Iron Shiek!
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: September 14, 2018 12:07PM
....what about Duncan Sheik.....??

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: richorlin
Date: September 14, 2018 02:29PM
It was a snoozer the first time around....I don't expect it to be any better the second time. Sort of like "Fuller House" wasn't...

richorlin

[DrawingMyLife.com]

[www.dudeism.com]
Posted by: Thrift Store Scott
Date: September 14, 2018 04:50PM
ka jowct
It was must-miss TV for me the first time around.
Ehhh… with the original cast it wasn't bad for the period, particularly since at that point they seemed to have a writer or two on staff who had actually visited the South. As the series progressed it devolved rather obviously into hokey, outdated stereotyping that The Dukes of Hazzard would have been ashamed to film, so by the end it was "must-miss" TV for me too.

Lie to me if you must, but don't lie to me and insult my intelligence in the same sentence.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 262
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015