advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
O' Captain! My Captain?!.....1st 'Captain Marvel' trailer.......
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: September 18, 2018 08:02AM
.....Brie Larson.....as Carol Danvers.....

‘Captain Marvel’ Trailer: Brie Larson’s Renegade Soldier Comes To Earth

.....The first trailer for Disney/Marvel’s Captain Marvel, the hugely anticipated female-led MCU entry, has dropped. Brie Larson stars as Carol Danvers who becomes one of the universe’s most powerful heroes when Earth is caught in the middle of a galactic war between two alien races. The film is set for domestic release on March 8, 2019 with overseas rollout beginning two days earlier on March 6.

Captain Marvel takes place in the 90s, before other MCU films. It’s the first fronted by a woman, and boss Kevin Feige recently called her “more powerful than any character we’ve introduced thus far.” Danvers is an Air Force pilot who debuted in the comics in 1968 as a human companion to the original Captain Marvel (Mar-Vell). When her DNA was fused with that of an alien during an accident, the resulting alteration imbued her with the superpowers of strength, energy projection and flight.

Danvers popped up in the last scene of Avengers: Infinity War, called upon by Samuel L Jackson’s Nick Fury. Jackson is in Captain Marvel along with Jude Law, Ben Mendelsohn, Gemma Chan, Annette Bening, Djimon Hounsou, Clark Gregg and Lee Pace. Law is the leader of Starforce, the elite Kree military team. Mendelsohn is Talos, head of the opposing green-skinned extraterrestrial humanoid Skrulls. Chan is Minn-Erva, a Kree geneticist and spy who has powers similar to Marvel/Danvers, per the comics-verse.

Anna Boden and Ryan Fleck direct from a script by a writing team that includes Boden and Fleck as well as Meg LeFauve, Nicole Perlman, Geneva Robertson-Dworet, Liz Flahive and Carly Mensch.

The movie will mark the penultimate installment of MCU’s Phase 3 which concludes with Anthony and Joe Russo’s untitled Avengers follow-up to Infinity War next May.

is it.....s'wonderful.......s'MARVElous..........?!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/18/2018 08:04AM by NewtonMP2100.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: O' Captain! My Captain?!.....1st 'Captain Marvel' trailer.......
Posted by: jdc
Date: September 18, 2018 09:55AM
Scott Pilgrim has now beaten both Superman & Captain America -- and dated Captain Marvel

[www.youtube.com]

----

Edited 999 time(s). Last edit at 12:08PM by jdc.
Posted by: jonny
Date: September 18, 2018 11:11PM
What?? No 'Shazam'??
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: September 19, 2018 02:01AM
jdc
Scott Pilgrim has now beaten both Superman & Captain America -- and dated Captain Marvel

[www.youtube.com]

Holy crap - that was Brie Larson? I had no idea!

SPvTW has become one of my very favorite movies since I discovered it just a few years ago. Totally awesome.

P.S. You forgot the Human Torch. smiling smiley

It is what it is.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/19/2018 02:01AM by N-OS X-tasy!.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 238
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018