advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
New iPhone Xs
Posted by: MartyStickle
Date: September 22, 2018 08:30AM
Enjoying my new phone which arrived from T-Mobile yesterday. Upgraded from a 7 which went to my wife. I’m still getting used to the new gestures and lack of a home button. Easy to transfer all my stuff from iCloud, including activating the cards on Apple Pay, etc. Now on to learning the new camera, which is the main reason why I upgraded. Also need to dispose of wife’s old iPhone 6.

Asheville, NC Area
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: New iPhone Xs
Posted by: samintx
Date: September 22, 2018 08:37AM
I have heard reviews that people are liking the Xs. Good news for consumers and Apple investors.
Posted by: sekker
Date: September 22, 2018 08:43AM
Still like my X too after a year - but don’t tell my wife! winking smiley

Be sure to get a good wireless charging pad too.
Posted by: maco
Date: September 22, 2018 12:04PM
Leader!
Posted by: bfd
Date: September 22, 2018 12:06PM
Yes, it feels like a real upgrade from the 7. Maybe not so much from an 8 or X, though. The Excess Plus is proving to be particularly nice so far.
Posted by: MartyStickle
Date: September 22, 2018 12:39PM
Yes. I got a Spigen (sp?) case and a wireless charger that happened to both come yesterday from Amazon too.

[

quote=sekker]
Still like my X too after a year - but don’t tell my wife! winking smiley

Be sure to get a good wireless charging pad too.[/quote]

Asheville, NC Area
Posted by: Rolando
Date: September 22, 2018 03:18PM
Glad you like it! (Slightly) better than a X, but the same price?

What I don't get the hate for the Xr. Would they prefer a X for $899? I'm still holding out for a Xr Mini (5/5s/SE sized Chasis) to replace my 6s.

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Posted by: DavidS
Date: September 22, 2018 04:32PM
I’m waiting to upgrade from my 7 to the XR. My wife decided she needs 512GB, though, so she is wanting an XS. Based in n the BOGO offers this week from AT&T, I’m thinking my XR will be free if she gets an XS. However, that means she has to wait a month also, which she is not happy about.
Posted by: jdc
Date: September 22, 2018 04:38PM
512 GB on a phone?

My iMacs boot drive is only 284 GB...

----

Edited 999 time(s). Last edit at 12:08PM by jdc.
Posted by: sekker
Date: September 22, 2018 04:51PM
DavidS
I’m waiting to upgrade from my 7 to the XR. My wife decided she needs 512GB, though, so she is wanting an XS. Based in n the BOGO offers this week from AT&T, I’m thinking my XR will be free if she gets an XS. However, that means she has to wait a month also, which she is not happy about.

Apple is going to sell a TON of the XR models.
Posted by: jdc
Date: September 22, 2018 05:07PM
sekker
DavidS

Apple is going to sell a TON of the XR models.

Im with you 1000%. Xmas is gonna be huge for them. I hope they do a BOGO or simillar deal on the Xr by then... both my kids need phones.

If not maybe 8s.

----

Edited 999 time(s). Last edit at 12:08PM by jdc.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/23/2018 12:55AM by jdc.
Posted by: Grumpyguy
Date: September 22, 2018 07:04PM
The XR is in my price range.... I'll get it after Xmas or if there is some deal.

Bryan
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 223
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018