advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
pet project?!....trailer for the new 'Pet Sematary' remake movie....
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: October 10, 2018 09:20AM
....from Paramount....not out until 2019.......

‘Pet Sematary’ Trailer: Paramount Reanimates Classic Stephen King Graveyard Chiller

....Sometimes, as Stephen King’s memorable line from Pet Sematary goes, dead is better. But fans of his super creepy 1983 novel – and the ’89 movie adaptation – will be happy to see that in King’s world anyway the famous warning typically goes unheeded.

Back for more adventures in dead-cat babysitting, Pet Sematary, from Paramount, doesn’t hit theaters until next spring, but this new trailer tells King aficionados what they want to know. Such as? That deadly highway, with its creature-killing speeding trucks, remains dangerously close to the new family home of a young couple and their two adorable kids. And their crusty seen-it-all neighbor still has all the words of warning anyone needs to ignore to keep loved ones – four-legged or otherwise – near if not dear.

The official synopsis: Louis Creed (Jason Clarke), who, after relocating with his wife Rachel (Amy Seimetz) and their two young children from Boston to rural Maine, discovers a mysterious burial ground hidden deep in the woods near the family’s new home. When tragedy strikes, Louis turns to his unusual neighbor, Jud Crandall (John Lithgow), setting off a perilous chain reaction that unleashes an unfathomable evil with horrific consequences.

Paramount Pictures unleashes Pet Sematary to theaters on April 5, 2019.

no heavy petting............allowed...........?!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: pet project?!....trailer for the new 'Pet Sematary' remake movie....
Posted by: Racer X
Date: October 10, 2018 10:05AM
Wonder if they will use "Pet Sematary" by the Ramones again?
Posted by: Thrift Store Scott
Date: October 10, 2018 10:15AM
Interesting.

The original film was a good adaptation that suffered from indifferent and definitely "period" special effects, and it was released thirty years ago (Can that be right?!? Crap, I'm getting old!), so the time is ripe for a remake. John Lithgow should be perfect as Jud Crandall. Jason Clarke, at 48, seems a little long in the tooth to be stepping in the role of a young doctor originally played by 30-year-old Dale Midkiff, but I'll reserve judgement on that casting choice until after I see the film.

Lie to me if you must, but don't lie to me and insult my intelligence in the same sentence.
Posted by: Racer X
Date: October 10, 2018 10:26AM
I thought John Lithgow was a good choice too.
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: October 10, 2018 11:22AM
I always thought the original was a bit on the low-budget side, but they will be hard-pressed to surpass the original movie's creepiness factor with regard to the son's resurrection.

It is what it is.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2018 11:23AM by N-OS X-tasy!.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 218
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018