advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
back that thang up?!....these 2 shows just got 'back 9'/full season pickup.....
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: October 10, 2018 12:15PM
....'back 9' episode pickup which means they get full 22 episodes......the new show 'New Amsterdam' on NBC.....and Fox's 'The Resident'.....

New Amsterdam Scores Full-Season Order at NBC After Just 3 Outings

....The doctor is in… for the foreseeable future. Freshman medical drama New Amsterdam has been given a full-season order by NBC. This marks the first official full-season pickup of the 2018–2019 season.

New Amsterdam stars Ryan Eggold as Dr. Max Goodwin, the new medical director at one of the country’s oldest public hospitals, where he immediately shakes up the system. The cast also includes Janet Montgomery, Freema Agyeman, Jocko Sims, Tyler Labine and Anupam Kher.

New Amsterdam premiered last month to 8.4 million total viewers and a 1.8 demo rating. In Week 2, it slipped 11 percent in the demo, and its most recent outing (7.1 mil/1.4) ticked down just a tenth opposite the AMAs and the Yankees/Red Sox ALDS.New Amsterdam premiered last month to 8.4 million total viewers and a 1.8 demo rating. In Week 2, it slipped 11 percent in the demo, and its most recent outing (7.1 mil/1.4) ticked down just a tenth opposite the AMAs and the Yankees/Red Sox ALDS.............

the doctor..........is in...........?!

The Resident Gets Full Season 2 Pickup

......More Season 2 episodes, stat! Fox has handed a full-season pickup to The Resident, just three episodes into the medical drama’s sophomore season.

The news brings The Resident‘s Season 2 episode count to a full 22. The Matt Czuchry-led drama returned for its second season last month, albeit with a full slate of casting changes: Season 1 cast members Moran Atias (PR chief Renata Morali), Merrin Dungey (ex-CEO Claire Thorpe) and Melina Kanakaredes (incarcerated oncologist Lane Hunter) did not return for Season 2, and Jenna Dewan joined the series in Episode 2 as medical device sales rep Julian Booth.

The Resident debuted in January as a midseason replacement, wrapping up its 14-episode freshman season in May. Fox renewed it that same month for Season 2, which currently airs Mondays at 8/7c..............

more doctors are in.......................?!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2018 12:29PM by NewtonMP2100.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: back that thang up?!....these 2 shows just got 'back 9'/full season pickup.....
Posted by: GeneL
Date: October 12, 2018 01:31AM
New Amsterdam is one of the only shows that I can watch with Mavis. I can't tell how difficult it is to find anything that we think is worth watching, anymore.

I just binge watched Amazon's new series based on Tom Clancy's character, "Jack Ryan." In my humble opinion, it was really almost too well done. In fact it was disquieting to see the way they portrayed the terrorists attacking "soft targets in the US. I really enjoyed being able to watch all eight episodes in a few days. It really spoils me for watching series on regular broadcast TV with too many commercials and a long wait until the next episode. Of course, if you have "On Demand" you can sort of binge watch, but much of the content comes with commercials and you are not allowed to fast forward.

All I can say is, "yay, Amazon!"

gl @ Dana Point, CA
Options:  Reply • Quote
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 221
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018