advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Goodbye to a fabulous furry friend
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: October 11, 2018 11:29AM
In 2005 a little squiggle of a cat entered my life. She was so small and sinuous I named her Tilde, ~ , and she's been a part my home since. Tilly has brightened my days for many years, but today we had to say goodbye. After a bout with feline IBS, she developed a mass on her stomach, and though she enjoyed life greatly for a long time, the last couple of days she's been fading fast. I'm enormously grateful for our vet, who brought Tilly to us and has cared for her since; her compassion, kindness, and friendship has been a huge help. She helped us to know what was known, what was unknown, and what our choices were, without judgment or pressure. I know it was hard for her, too.

I can't say or really share how much this little wonder has meant to me, through good times and bad, along this part of the path of my life. I'm so, so sad she's gone.

Here's a little look at my friend - I already miss her so.

Holding hands

Glamour light

Hanging out with Snakey

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Goodbye to a fabulous furry friend
Posted by: MikeF
Date: October 11, 2018 11:33AM
Sorry for your loss. Losing a pet is tough...
Posted by: DP
Date: October 11, 2018 11:40AM
Beautiful girl! My condolences and I feel your pain. We have had animals over the last 25 years and have had to say good-bye to a few. Three of four of our cats are over ten yo now even tho we don't know exactly how old they are. All seem in good health but who knows what may happen tomorrow.

But thank you for taking her in and giving her a good life for her short time on the planet...

Disclaimer: This post is checked for correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Any attempts at humor are solely the responsibility of the author and bear no claim that any and all readers will approve or appreciate said attempt at humor.
My name is DP, and I approve this message.
Posted by: samintx
Date: October 11, 2018 11:41AM
Oh..so sorry. I still grieve for Tommie who left my world 15 yrs ago. My heart goes out to you and the familyemoticon_love
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: October 11, 2018 11:41AM
It's amazing how attached we get to our pets. I'm sorry for your loss.

It is what it is.
Posted by: raz
Date: October 11, 2018 11:56AM
I'm so sorry. Please take joy in that you gave her a great life and she returned it in kind.

--------------

Embarassing myself on the Internet since 1978.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/11/2018 11:56AM by raz.
Posted by: Don C
Date: October 11, 2018 11:59AM
Losing a pet leaves a hole in the house.

Walking down the stairs just isn't right if she is not underfoot to get down first. Hey, where's the food and water bowls that belong right there and why is she not sitting beside them in anticipation?

Sorry for your loss. Memories will last forever (although that is small comfort right now.)

Don
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: October 11, 2018 12:08PM
I'm sorry for your loss.

Losing a friend in any species is tough, on a good day.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men
except by believing all possible evil
of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

-An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

Mister, that's a ten-gallon hat on a twenty-gallon head.

I *love* Sigs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: Rick-o
Date: October 11, 2018 12:28PM
A looker for sure! Condolences.

"After a time, you may find, that having is not so pleasing a thing after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."

- Mr. Spock

“There is no greater calling than to serve your fellow men. There is no greater contribution than to help the weak. There is no greater satisfaction than to have done it well.”

- Walter Reuther
Posted by: Catzilla
Date: October 11, 2018 12:46PM
Beautiful kitty, my condolences.
Posted by: mikebw
Date: October 11, 2018 01:01PM
It has been said- Beautiful!

I feel your pain.
Posted by: Rolando
Date: October 11, 2018 01:42PM
Sadness. I've lost a pet. Best wishes

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"Trump is a moron." -- Steve G.

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing."
-- Edmund Burke
"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." Theodore Roosevelt (1918)
Posted by: wave rider
Date: October 11, 2018 01:55PM
I'm so sorry you've lost your friend…

=wr=

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/11/2018 02:30PM by wave rider.
Posted by: Pam
Date: October 11, 2018 01:59PM
Such a sweet kitty. So very sorry for your loss. Our pets just don't live long enough.
Posted by: blooz
Date: October 11, 2018 02:17PM
Aw man, so sorry. Feeling your pain. I am still missing my Malibu.

And we should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once.
—Friedrich Nietzsche
Western Massachusetts
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: October 11, 2018 02:19PM
Requiescat In Pacem, Tilde.
Posted by: Yoyodyne ArtWorks
Date: October 11, 2018 02:25PM
I’m not a fan of New Age/politically correct jargon, but I’m increasingly leaning towards the term “companion animal” rather than “pet” because it much more accurately reflects the depth of the relationships we develop with them.

We lost one of our kitties in February (he was over 17 years old), and our other two kitties (brother and sister) are just turning 18 years old next month.

I’m very sorry for your loss. emoticon-animal-004

Once we place nonhuman animals outside our sphere of moral consideration
and treat them as things we use to satisfy our own desires,
the outcome is predictable.
- Peter Singer
Posted by: vicrock
Date: October 11, 2018 03:42PM
Saying goodbye is always tough - but she had a nice, long life with you, and an easy exit when it was time - can't ask for more.
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: October 11, 2018 04:30PM
Condolences to you and your household. We lost a furry housemate this spring, too.
Posted by: DP
Date: October 11, 2018 04:31PM
Yoyodyne ArtWorks
I’m not a fan of New Age/politically correct jargon, but I’m increasingly leaning towards the term “companion animal” rather than “pet” because it much more accurately reflects the depth of the relationships we develop with them.

We lost one of our kitties in February (he was over 17 years old), and our other two kitties (brother and sister) are just turning 18 years old next month.

I’m very sorry for your loss. emoticon-animal-004

My wife and I call ourselves Rescue(d) Humans.

Disclaimer: This post is checked for correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Any attempts at humor are solely the responsibility of the author and bear no claim that any and all readers will approve or appreciate said attempt at humor.
My name is DP, and I approve this message.
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: October 11, 2018 04:47PM
Yoyodyne ArtWorks
...I’m increasingly leaning towards the term “companion animal” rather than “pet” because it much more accurately reflects the depth of the relationships we develop with them.

Your succinctly stated observation is exactly the basis for the Hunter class in World of Warcraft.

(Although we call them "pets" in WoW, too.)

It is what it is.
Posted by: Grumpyguy
Date: October 11, 2018 06:40PM
What a beautiful cat. I lost a 16 year cat several years ago and still to this day, I sometimes expect him to be sleeping in his usual spot.

Just remember the happiness she brought to your life.

Bryan

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/11/2018 06:41PM by Grumpyguy.
Posted by: testcase
Date: October 11, 2018 06:47PM
You were lucky to have each other.

Condolences on your loss. sad smiley
Posted by: bfd
Date: October 11, 2018 07:01PM
Thanks for sharing. It's hard being the one left behind by these critters. They always manage to find a place deep inside your heart that can't be filled when they're gone.
Posted by: A-Polly
Date: October 11, 2018 07:37PM
Oh, so sorry to hear that you have lost your beautiful Tilde (what a great name!). emoticon-animal-004 I'm glad she had such a good life as part of your family. My condolences to you and yours.

We had a Snakey toy, too! My kitties, especially the one I lost a couple of months ago, just loved it!
Posted by: GeneL
Date: October 12, 2018 09:33AM
I, too, miss two kitties.

They weren't even mine,so to speak.

They were a neighbor's, but at separate times, spent much of their days with us on our front porch. We were their surrogate grandparents.

Grey finally died a natural death, after 25 years of being a tiny alpha cat. I still keep her picture near my bed.

Little Boy! He was brought home by the same neighbor after she saw him being pelted by some of her workers behind her business. At first, he was so scared that he hid in her closet.

Eventually, he came out and became such a wonderful force of joy and sweetness.

I mourn him the most because he was killed by a coyote! I woke one morning and looking out our front door I saw something orange lying on the grass. It was Little Boy's paw! I was so broken up because our neighbor had assigned the job of getting him in late in the day to another neighbor and she had failed to do her duty. I was so angry !

Little Boy was still young and full of exuberant life. I didn't even get a chance to say goodbye to him.

I fully get how losing your friend (my preferred term) rjmacs, has made you feel and I'm sending you a hug and a wish that someday you will have a new tiny kitty come into your life and heal your sad heart.

Your friend,

GeneL

gl @ Dana Point, CA

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/12/2018 09:34AM by GeneL.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 266
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015