advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
greed is good?!....chomp....chomp....stock market down again [ Dow down 500+ points ]....
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: October 11, 2018 02:51PM
....last 2 days Dow has dropped 1300+ points......

.........spent a good chunk of trust money....buying....buying...buying....

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 10/11/2018 03:21PM by NewtonMP2100.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: greed is good?!....chomp....chomp....stock market down again [ Dow down 500+ points ]....
Posted by: Speedy
Date: October 11, 2018 03:30PM
Not me, holding and down nearly one percent.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Re: greed is good?!....chomp....chomp....stock market down again [ Dow down 500+ points ]....
Posted by: max
Date: October 11, 2018 03:31PM
down very low 6 figures....
Posted by: bobinmurphy
Date: October 11, 2018 09:17PM
I heard one financial talking head say that since most companies are in their legally mandated "quiet period" ahead of reporting earnings they haven't been able to exercise any stock buy-backs. If that's the case once they report their earnings and exit the "quiet period" they may very well be buying back their stock at fire sale prices and the market should pop up nicely. Does play right into my feeling that this seems to happen every earnings season, although usually not this much down. But October is historically a vexing month for the Market - almost all the major crashes (1929, 1987, 2005?) all happened in October.

Not sure if it's true, but it does kind of make some sense. And if it does happen anyone who bought during this period should see some nice gains.
Posted by: AllGold
Date: October 11, 2018 10:11PM
NewtonMP2100
....last 2 days Dow has dropped 1300+ points......

.........spent a good chunk of trust money....buying....buying...buying....

Why? What makes you think it is done dropping?

Posted by: freeradical
Date: October 12, 2018 05:39PM

October. This is one of the peculiarly dangerous months to speculate in stocks. The others are July, January, September, April, November, May, March, June, December, August, and February
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 107
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018