advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
55 cents to mail a letter coming
Posted by: samintx
Date: October 11, 2018 08:04PM
Priority mail really going up. I bet Free shipping will be a thing of the past soon. Priority now is high as a cats back.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: 55 cents to mail a letter coming
Posted by: testcase
Date: October 11, 2018 08:06PM
I have LOTS of "Forever" stamps. boink smiley
Posted by: Speedy
Date: October 11, 2018 08:33PM
What's a 'letter'?

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: October 11, 2018 08:35PM
....A.....B.....or....C......

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: Acer
Date: October 11, 2018 08:37PM
Priority has long been much cheaper than UPS for small packages, too cheap to be sustainable apparently.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: October 11, 2018 08:52PM
Acer
Priority has long been much cheaper than UPS for small packages, too cheap to be sustainable apparently.

Probably not the case because the carrier stops here anyway. But likely the USPS is raising rates on the mail most likely to bear the increase with the least loss of business.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: GeneL
Date: October 12, 2018 01:09AM
So, is Amazon really going to use drones to deliver their merchandise?

gl @ Dana Point, CA
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: October 12, 2018 06:54AM
....saw this news yesterday evening too.....they are in a catch-22.....they are losing money so need to increase but when they increase, they lose more customers due to the increase.........

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: tuqqer
Date: October 12, 2018 07:40AM
The fascinating thing is how it's impossible to purchase First Class Mail labels from USPS itself. The only options they give any more are Priority Mail, which makes sending small 12 oz or less boxes/padded envelopes not financially feasible.

One of the last places to do it is via Paypal, and even there, it's not apparent anywhere, at least from what I've seen. You have to know the URL (https://www.paypal.com/shiplabel/create ). Fortunately, it works flawlessly, and I mail out padded envelopes almost every day. I print to my basic printer on Packzon self adhesive shipping labels, 2 to a basic page. Drops the price of what my packs from $7.50 to below $3.

Mac Pro 2013 3.7GHz Quad-Core, 32G RAM Mojave 10.14.x Dual 25" Acer 1440p LCDs11" i5 MacBook Air
Posted by: Ammo
Date: October 12, 2018 11:33AM
NewtonMP2100
....saw this news yesterday evening too.....they are in a catch-22.....they are losing money so need to increase but when they increase, they lose more customers due to the increase.........

Same for print-based news, I’m afraid.

Inside every old person is a young person saying "what happened?"

“Love is the motive, but justice is the instrument.” - Reinhold Niebuhr

“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” George Orwell
Posted by: Grateful11
Date: October 13, 2018 10:53AM
tuqqer
The fascinating thing is how it's impossible to purchase First Class Mail labels from USPS itself. The only options they give any more are Priority Mail, which makes sending small 12 oz or less boxes/padded envelopes not financially feasible.

One of the last places to do it is via Paypal, and even there, it's not apparent anywhere, at least from what I've seen. You have to know the URL (https://www.paypal.com/shiplabel/create ). Fortunately, it works flawlessly, and I mail out padded envelopes almost every day. I print to my basic printer on Packzon self adhesive shipping labels, 2 to a basic page. Drops the price of what my packs from $7.50 to below $3.

eBay negotiated sometime ago with USPS to allow First Class packages up to 15.999oz. but the on the top end it's nearly as much as a 15.999oz Priority Package it's just not distance based shipping rates like Priority.

Grateful11
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 239
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018