advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Use certain Chase cards, get easy points for iPhones
Posted by: Speedy
Date: November 08, 2018 05:42AM
For a limited time, 1 cent = 1 point. Spend $1k, get 100,000 points (or buy one device, get another one with your points.)

[www.idropnews.com]

"Chase Launches New Rewards Store to Trade Points for New Apple Tech

Apple Watch Series 4
Chase has opened a new rewards store that allows certain credit cardholders to use points and rewards toward new Apple products.

Chase’s Apple Ultimate Rewards Store is an addition to the company’s existing rewards platforms. It allows holders of Chase Sapphire, Freedom or Ink cards to use their rewards points toward any device or product in Apple’s lineup, tax included.

As a special introductory offer, Chase is also allowing users to redeem their points on a one-for-one conversion rate. One reward point equals one cent, meaning that 100 points will equate to one dollar toward Apple merchandise, according to a press release.

What Can I Buy?

Based on that current reward point structure, that means that products “purchased” through the rewards portal will be priced roughly equivalent to Apple’s cash prices. For example:

99,900 points can be redeemed for the iPhone XS, about $999.
39,900 can be redeemed for the Apple Watch Series 4 or iPad mini 4, about $399.
17,900 points can be redeemed for the Apple TV 4K, about $179.
You don’t need the full point value of a product to use your rewards. Users can redeem their points for a partial value of a product — though they’ll need to pay the difference with another form of payment.

Chase did not announce how long the introductory point redemption rate would last.

The company also didn’t expand on what the standard rate would be, but it’s worth noting that current Ultimate Rewards redemption rates range from 1 cent to 1.5 cents, depending on the card you have and the perk you can to redeem.

Either way, the new rewards store seems like a great way for Chase cardholders to trade in their rewards points for the latest Apple tech — just in time for the busy holiday shopping season.

You can find more information on Chase’s Ultimate Rewards program by visiting the platform’s website here."

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/08/2018 04:25PM by Speedy.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Us certain Chase cards, get easy points for iPhones
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: November 08, 2018 06:23AM
....Sapphic in nature.....??

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: space-time
Date: November 08, 2018 07:32AM
I prefer to use my rewards for cash back or statement credit, and buy Apple gear on sale, such as Best Buy or BH Photo. Also when I pay with credit cards I do get extended warranty, but when I pay with points it is unclear if I have the same benefit of extended warranty.

All in all, I like to keep things simple and clean.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: November 08, 2018 07:55AM
....that's what she said.....!!!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: datbeme
Date: November 08, 2018 09:01AM
space-time
I prefer to use my rewards for cash back or statement credit, and buy Apple gear on sale, such as Best Buy or BH Photo. Also when I pay with credit cards I do get extended warranty, but when I pay with points it is unclear if I have the same benefit of extended warranty.

All in all, I like to keep things simple and clean.

Agreed. It's not a bad option, but there are plenty of ways get the same value with less fuss.
Posted by: Will Collier
Date: November 08, 2018 02:16PM
Ha, figures. I just cashed in all my rewards from the Chase card I used for work travel last week. Typical...
Re: Use certain Chase cards, get easy points for iPhones
Posted by: Gilbert
Date: November 08, 2018 08:30PM
Speedy,

The first line below seems to indicate that the rate at which points are earned has changed. Is that true? All I can find is that the rate for spending is different from the standard. It would be awesome if the earning rate is, as you say, spend $1k and get 100k points.

Speedy
For a limited time, 1 cent = 1 point. Spend $1k, get 100,000 points (or buy one device, get another one with your points.)

[www.idropnews.com]

"Chase Launches New Rewards Store to Trade Points for New Apple Tech

Apple Watch Series 4
Chase has opened a new rewards store that allows certain credit cardholders to use points and rewards toward new Apple products.

Chase’s Apple Ultimate Rewards Store is an addition to the company’s existing rewards platforms. It allows holders of Chase Sapphire, Freedom or Ink cards to use their rewards points toward any device or product in Apple’s lineup, tax included.

As a special introductory offer, Chase is also allowing users to redeem their points on a one-for-one conversion rate. One reward point equals one cent, meaning that 100 points will equate to one dollar toward Apple merchandise, according to a press release.

What Can I Buy?

Based on that current reward point structure, that means that products “purchased” through the rewards portal will be priced roughly equivalent to Apple’s cash prices. For example:

99,900 points can be redeemed for the iPhone XS, about $999.
39,900 can be redeemed for the Apple Watch Series 4 or iPad mini 4, about $399.
17,900 points can be redeemed for the Apple TV 4K, about $179.
You don’t need the full point value of a product to use your rewards. Users can redeem their points for a partial value of a product — though they’ll need to pay the difference with another form of payment.

Chase did not announce how long the introductory point redemption rate would last.

The company also didn’t expand on what the standard rate would be, but it’s worth noting that current Ultimate Rewards redemption rates range from 1 cent to 1.5 cents, depending on the card you have and the perk you can to redeem.

Either way, the new rewards store seems like a great way for Chase cardholders to trade in their rewards points for the latest Apple tech — just in time for the busy holiday shopping season.

You can find more information on Chase’s Ultimate Rewards program by visiting the platform’s website here."
Posted by: Gareth
Date: November 09, 2018 12:42PM
Gilbert
Speedy,

The first line below seems to indicate that the rate at which points are earned has changed. Is that true? All I can find is that the rate for spending is different from the standard. It would be awesome if the earning rate is, as you say, spend $1k and get 100k points.

Speedy

I was confused by this too at first, and I think Speedy made an incorrect assumption.

You still EARN points at the same rate, $1 = 1 point. What's "different" is that the redemption value is 1 point = 1 cent. Which really isn't anything special since that's usually the normal cash redemption value. Merchandise has had higher redemption requirements, which is why it normally makes more sense to take the cash redemption.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: November 09, 2018 05:41PM
Gareth
Gilbert
Speedy,

Speedy

I was confused by this too at first, and I think Speedy made an incorrect assumption.

You still EARN points at the same rate, $1 = 1 point. What's "different" is that the redemption value is 1 point = 1 cent. Which really isn't anything special since that's usually the normal cash redemption value. Merchandise has had higher redemption requirements, which is why it normally makes more sense to take the cash redemption.

Clearly I screwed up and made a completely erroneous assumption, or misinterpretation. My apologies to all and thanks to Garett and Gilbert for setting things straight. It appears as though the usual redemption rate is 1 point equals .8¢ but for this promotion 1 point equals 1¢. And $1.00 charged equals 1 point.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 212
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018