advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
ISO: good BT earbuds (over the ear type)
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: November 08, 2018 04:50PM
Amazon is loaded with these off-brand things. I would prefer a brand name, if possible.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: ISO: good BT earbuds (over the ear type)
Posted by: Buzz
Date: November 08, 2018 07:04PM
Surprisingly, there are several inexpensive, off-brand or semi-off-brand BT earbuds that are darn good. I got a set of these about a year a half ago, and they sound great. They went off of Amazon for a few months, and when they came back a couple of weeks ago, it looks like they started over with their reviews and questions. Before they went dark, there were lots more reviews, and they were very highly rated. Even the new neg reviews acknowledge the great sound; there just seem to be some issues w/ people's head/ear shapes and sizes.

With the source in our bedroom, I can go anywhere in our apartment, except sometimes when I open the fridge and stick my head closer to reach for something, the sound cuts in and out. I kept an eye on 'em before, and they used to regularly sell out on Lightning Deals. I kinda thought they took 'em off to raise the price, which they did. They used to have a discount code that sometimes also worked w/ the Lightning Deals, which is what I did. For full disclosure, I don't move very well, or very fast, so I can't comment on using them while being active, but for being rather sedate, I was (and am) amazed at how impressive the sound is. I also have a pair of (much more expensive) active noise cancelling earbuds, that do a good job w/ stray noise, but can't/don't touch these for sound quality.
==
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: November 08, 2018 09:36PM
Thanks, Buzz. I'll check them out. Ear size and shape is important here, as the person in question (not me) has small ears.
Posted by: mspace
Date: November 09, 2018 09:48AM
Having just got an iPhone 7 with no headphone port, I was searching myself. I came to the conclusion that I didn't want constant BT right next to my head. I ended up getting a BT adapter to plug my earbuds/ headphones into. Very small and works well.
[smile.amazon.com]

Also got a Trond transmitter/receiver to make our H4N recorder BT capable. Very good.
[smile.amazon.com]

There are others that will clip on, etc. so less chance of losing them. I went for the ones with the most current codecs and low latency support. This is only important for listening to something that syncs, such as music recording to watching movies or TV. Not as needed for just audio by itself.
Posted by: vision63
Date: November 09, 2018 01:05PM
Buy these today. They're not iso but they sound great. When I run or exercise I still require a degree of awareness of my surroundings so these are perfect. I paid a hundred bucks for my first ones. $25 with tax and shipping is a steal.

Plantronics BackBeat Fit Wireless Bluetooth Headphones with Mic (Refurbished)

[www.groupon.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 257
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018