Camp fire torches Paradise...
[www.sacbee.com]

related to the previous tread on California fires...[forums.macresource.com]
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Paradise Lost...
Posted by: jdc
Date: November 09, 2018 12:16PM
75000 acres as of 10 am.

My MIL.FIL are here at the house, with the dog and one of the wifes sisters who flew in. They have fire insurance.... but their house wasnt worth much. Small and 55 years old.

Zillow says $225K. But for comparison, the same address brought up a house in Saginaw, Michigan, nearly the same age and SF. Looks nice in street view. Well maintained. Zillow says $70K for it....

----

Edited 999 time(s). Last edit at 12:08PM by jdc.
Posted by: vision63
Date: November 09, 2018 12:20PM
I guess the Honey Run Covered Bridge is gone. Paradise was one of my favorite places. Magailia, Concow, Pulga, I still have friends there not to mention lots in Chico.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: November 09, 2018 12:21PM
.....they are evacuating Malibu..............

.....L.A. & Ventura Counties Now Officially In A State Of Emergency Due To Fires, Says Gavin Newsom....................

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: jdc
Date: November 09, 2018 01:18PM
vision63
I guess the Honey Run Covered Bridge is gone. Paradise was one of my favorite places. Magailia, Concow, Pulga, I still have friends there not to mention lots in Chico.

Yep, covered bridge gone. From the 1860s I think. When I used to ride for Chico Velo we would ride out past covered bridge and up Honeyrun Road then down Neal or Clark to Durham then back to Chico.

Its also where the Wildflower Century goes... [ridewithgps.com]

----

Edited 999 time(s). Last edit at 12:08PM by jdc.
Posted by: vision63
Date: November 09, 2018 02:42PM
jdc
vision63

Yep, covered bridge gone. From the 1860s I think. When I used to ride for Chico Velo we would ride out past covered bridge and up Honeyrun Road then down Neal or Clark to Durham then back to Chico.

Its also where the Wildflower Century goes... [ridewithgps.com]

Devestating. There is (was) no more a beautiful place than the epic Butte Creek Canyon. People just don't know.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 255
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018