advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
anyone have a Capital One account that transferred to E-Trade?
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: November 09, 2018 09:03AM
I'm about out of my mind with these people. This should be a class-action suit in the making. No access to the accounts after 4 days, and all transfers were halted. And, cannot trade, either. Anyone have experience with this particular situation or with E-Trade in general?
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: anyone have a Capital One account that transferred to E-Trade?
Posted by: space-time
Date: November 09, 2018 09:44AM
If I were to make a transfer I would expect several days of no access to your funds/stocks. 4 days does not seem outrageous to me. When I moved my Roth IRA from Folio FN to Vanguard, I sold all my stocks and I made a cash transfer. I can’t recall how long it took until funds were available for trade but I think it was 3-4 business days. Be patient. If you were planning to trade these days you should have delayed the transfer.
Posted by: mikebw
Date: November 09, 2018 09:52AM
I am through it too. There were many emails about the process but I don't trade much so it was not a concern at all for me. I suppose if there was a great need to be trading during the process one could have setup another account with a different broker.

One downside is I would have to pay more for more frequent stock updates, I think right now it is only every 15 minutes or so? But again, there are other resources, mostly I look at Google Finance if I am interested in following something more closely.

I am glad to not have nearly all my assets held by one bank anymore though. Before I had Chevy Chase Bank, and ING Direct, but then Capital One sucked it all up.
Posted by: Pam
Date: November 09, 2018 09:57AM
I do but haven't yet tried to access my account through E-Trade. Yet.
Date: November 09, 2018 10:15AM
space-time
If I were to make a transfer I would expect several days of no access to your funds/stocks. 4 days does not seem outrageous to me. When I moved my Roth IRA from Folio FN to Vanguard, I sold all my stocks and I made a cash transfer. I can’t recall how long it took until funds were available for trade but I think it was 3-4 business days. Be patient. If you were planning to trade these days you should have delayed the transfer.

Not really. The "hold" period was -prior- to the transfer taking effect. I would expect maybe a day or so post transfer, but it's now the fifth day of their site not having detailed account information.
Posted by: CJsNvrUrly
Date: November 09, 2018 10:36AM
I have an account. What info are you not seeing?

bunny smileyCentral VA
Date: November 09, 2018 11:18AM
Just a total amount. Nothing else. Again, never had an e-trade account, didn't have this problem with Capital One.
Posted by: mikebw
Date: November 09, 2018 11:58AM
mrbigstuff
Just a total amount. Nothing else. Again, never had an e-trade account, didn't have this problem with Capital One.

Have you clicked on the Portfolios tab?

I have been able to see all my account info and details of the portfolio on Etrade for several days now. Sounds like you might need to contact them for help.
Date: November 09, 2018 04:47PM
Yeah, nothing. They have the total, and not the breakdown of each account, and I can't transfer any funds.
Posted by: ztirffritz
Date: November 09, 2018 05:12PM
Mine was complete by Monday morning.

MacResource User Map: [www.zeemaps.com]#
Posted by: space-time
Date: November 09, 2018 05:28PM
Why so many people left capital one recently? What happened?
Posted by: zeppo2
Date: November 09, 2018 05:44PM
Capital One sold their old stock trading DRIP service to E-Trade. BTW, I'm having no problems accessing the info on E-Trade, though I'm not sure ultimately that I'll stay with them.
Date: November 09, 2018 06:01PM
Ah, may have found workaround. Open an account, and then access from that way, instead of using the link CO.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

jdc
Guests: 202
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018