advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Boot to the Head ! Apple has Amazon boot 'unapproved' Apple hardware refurbishers...
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: November 09, 2018 02:36PM
Back to FleaBay ?

[motherboard.vice.com]

“As part of a new agreement with Apple, we are working with a select group of authorized resellers to offer an expanded selection of Apple and Beats products, including new releases, in Amazon’s stores,” the email says. “You are receiving this message because you are currently selling, or have previously sold, Apple or Beats products. Your existing offers for those products will soon be removed from Amazon’s online store in the United States. Please contact Apple if you would like to apply to become an authorized reseller on Amazon.”
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Boot to the Head ! Apple has Amazon boot 'unapproved' Apple hardware refurbishers...
Posted by: MrNoBody
Date: November 09, 2018 03:08PM
Not even Bezos dares to anger the giant...

N39° 39.7234', W075° 33.9788'
"I Call Shenanigans!"
-Kyle Broflovski

“If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.”
-Albert Einstein

Re: Boot to the Head ! Apple has Amazon boot 'unapproved' Apple hardware refurbishers...
Posted by: Speedy
Date: November 09, 2018 03:29PM
Apple products (officially) come to Amazon

Nov. 9, 2018 11:59 AM ET|About: Apple Inc. (AAPL)|By: Brandy Betz, SA News Editor
Amazon (AMZN -2.5%) strikes a deal with Apple (AAPL -2.4%) to sell its products directly through the e-commerce platform.

Amazon has sold Apple products before but generally through third-party sellers, which can cause some price disparities.

Apple products will start rolling out on Amazon over the next few weeks in the US, UK, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Japan, and India.

Only Apple or Apple-authorized resellers will be able to sell through Amazon and the site will start removing third-party listings on January 4.

But every product isn’t coming. Apple’s HomePod, which competes with Amazon’s Echo, won’t be along for the trip.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: November 09, 2018 04:06PM
"Ti Kwan Leep" is one of my most favorite comedy bits EVER. Foolish Ed Gruberman!

It is what it is.
Posted by: Lew Zealand
Date: November 09, 2018 04:35PM
"…and another for Jenny and the wimp!"
Posted by: Bernie
Date: November 09, 2018 05:08PM
I see this as a win for both parties.
I have bought Apple products for Amazon in the past when there was no taxes.
I wonder what will happen to knock off cables?

Staunton, Virginia
Glad to hear it.
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: November 09, 2018 08:05PM
So much fake kit is sold on Amazon, and if they're going to sell Apple gear again, then I'd like to improve the odds of not getting taken.

When it comes to buying refurbed Apple gear, I know anybody to trust other than Apple.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men
except by believing all possible evil
of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

-An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

Mister, that's a ten-gallon hat on a twenty-gallon head.

I *love* Sigs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: November 09, 2018 08:07PM
Well, this explains why Apple is downsizing the VAR program. Was wondering.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 257
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018