advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Oh no! Can I borrow $770?
Posted by: datbeme
Date: November 18, 2018 11:00PM
I don't expect you all to help out, but since this is likely the intimate website they are speaking of, I thought I should ask. Seems legit since they claim to follow the hacker code of honor.

Hello!

I have bad news for you.
12/09/2018 - on this day I hacked your operating system and got full access to your account [email]myemail@myisp.com[/email]

It is useless to change the password, my malware intercepts it every time.

How it was:
In the software of the router to which you were connected that day, there was a vulnerability.
I first hacked this router and placed my malicious code on it.
When you entered into the Internet, my trojan was installed on the operating system of your device.

After that, I made a full dump of your disk (I have all your address book, history of viewing sites, all files, phone numbers and contact addresses).

A month ago, I wanted to lock your device and ask for a small amount of money to unlock it.
But I looked at the sites that you regularly visit, and came to the big delight of your favorite resources.
I'm talking about sites for adults.

I want to say - you are a big, big pervert. You have unbridled fantasy!!!

After that, an idea came to my mind. I made a screenshot of the intimate website where you have fun (you know what it is about, right?). After that, I made a screenshot of your joys (using the camera of your device) and joined them altogether. It turned out beautifully, do not doubt.

I am strongly belive that you would not like to show these pictures to your relatives, friends or colleagues.
I think $770 is a very small amount for my silence.
Besides, I spent a lot of time on you!

I accept money only in Bitcoins.
My BTC wallet: UpYERbuttJ0boo

You do not know how to replenish a Bitcoin wallet? In any search engine write "how to send money to btc wallet". It's easier than to send money to a credit card!

For payment you have a little more than two days (exactly 50 hours). Do not worry, the timer will start at the moment when you open this letter. Yes, yes. It has already started!

After payment, my virus and dirty photos with you self-destruct automatically right away. Narrative, if I do not receive the specified amount from you, then your device will be blocked, and all your contacts will receive a photos with your "joys".

I want you to be prudent.
- Do not try to find and destroy my virus! (All your data is already uploaded to a remote server)
- Do not try to contact me (this is not feasible, I sent you an email from your account)
- Various security services will not help you; formatting a disk or destroying a device will not help either, since your data is already on a remote server.

P.S. I guarantee you that I will not disturb you again after payment, as you are not my single victim.
This is a hacker code of honor.

From now on, I advise you to use good antiviruses and update them regularly (several times a day)!

Don't be mad at me, everyone has their own work.
Farewell.

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Oh no! Can I borrow $770?
Posted by: GGD
Date: November 18, 2018 11:06PM
datbeme
But I looked at the sites that you regularly visit, and came to the big delight of your favorite resources.
I'm talking about sites for adults.

I want to say - you are a big, big pervert. You have unbridled fantasy!!!

So, did he become a registered user here, or is he just lurking?
Posted by: hal
Date: November 18, 2018 11:40PM
Offer him $3.78 - tell him that's all you have and see if he accepts it
Posted by: voodoopenguin
Date: November 19, 2018 02:25AM
That email would have started with a password which you quite rightly left out. Fortunately it was probably an old password from an old Yahoo account and fortunately the claimed access to your computer is false. Thanks Yahoo for your wonderful security that allowed the private information of millions of your users to be hacked and sold on.

Paul

Posted by: Speedy
Date: November 19, 2018 05:04AM
If you could tell him how to upload pics here, have him upload the ‘joined’ pic so we can be sure it’s you. Once that’s done, I’ll chip in a buck. I was think of saving that buck to chip in so the forum could do a group buy of Marie Antoinette’s pearl pendant but that ship has sailed.

Ps. Could you post the URL for that perv website while you’re at it.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/19/2018 05:10AM by Speedy.
Posted by: TheCaber
Date: November 19, 2018 06:09AM
Speedy
... post the URL for that perv website while you’re at it.

agree smiley

this_thread_is_useless_without_pics

=TC
Posted by: Acer
Date: November 19, 2018 08:59AM
I have received this same email. Slight differences in word choice. And it did include a password I used long ago which gave me pause, but of course I am not a pervert.
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: November 19, 2018 10:13AM
datbeme
Oh no! Can I borrow $770?

I'll ask the robot who calls to tell me my 'Windows subscription has expired'.
Posted by: blooz
Date: November 19, 2018 11:18AM
I've gotten three or four of those already. Ignored them, of course.
So far none of my neighbors are shunning me.

And we should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once.
—Friedrich Nietzsche
Western Massachusetts
Posted by: hal
Date: November 19, 2018 01:13PM
Are these captured passwords from Yahoo mail accounts?
Posted by: datbeme
Date: November 25, 2018 09:22PM
Follow Up:

Mine did not actually include a password of any kind. Just claimed to be sent from my email address, and that doesn't even take a legitimate password to spoof. I didn't really give it any thought, but I thought the email was particularly ballsy. That's why I posted.

But today I received a similar but less threatening message that DID include a previous password for my email account (with a less prominent ISP). It's definitely a password I've used in the past but probably not for at least 8-10 years. I keep a trail of my password changes in 1Password, and this would have been prior to any created in ~2010-2012.

Still, it caught my attention.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 280
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018