advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
music sharing and ipod third party software / playlists
Posted by: pbarra1
Date: January 14, 2007 07:42AM
My son shares my itunes library wirelessly. He cannot create a playlist of shared music on his computer and sync with his ipod - he can if he uses my computer. If he used one of the third party programs like podworks, senuiti, ipodrip, etc. would he be able to sync his ipod with my computer copying all songs and then use his ipod to copy all songs TO his computer and then create playlists which he could sync with his ipod? Of course, I could burn all songs onto CD and have him re-encode them in iTunes but with a los of quality.

Is there any program that would allow me to buy songs - share them wirelessly and have them playlistable on his machine?

Thanks all.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: music sharing and ipod third party software / playlists
Posted by: sscutchen
Date: January 14, 2007 09:05AM
It sounds like y'all started with one iTunes library on your computer and now you want to set up his own on his computer so he can sync from there and manage his own songs.

When I did this, I copied the iTunes library files to the second machine. Then we each wne through and cleaned up out now independent libraries to just hold our own stuff.

Be sure to look on the web for how to back up iTunes files. It is not just the library itself.

Don't ask who the bell's for, dude. It's you.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 231
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018