advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
When was the last time you had a bad experience from B&H?
Posted by: john dough
Date: November 30, 2018 05:28PM
I placed an order for a new MacBook Pro on Monday and on the site, it was listed as in stock and will ship the next day. Tuesday came and went, so did Wednesday, Thursday and today, with no shipping. I reached out to them a few times, and every one of them assured me that it would ship soon, because of the warehouse being slammed.

I know this is a first world problem, yet when you pay $4200 for a laptop, you expect better service than this.

PS: Even now, is is listed as IN STOCK and will ship on Monday.

PPS: I did an audit of how much I funnel through them (for clients mainly) and 2017 and 2018 were both over $21K a year.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/30/2018 05:29PM by john dough.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: When was the last time you had a bad experience from B&H?
Posted by: C(-)ris
Date: November 30, 2018 05:30PM
john dough
I placed an order for a new MacBook Pro on Monday and on the site, it was listed as in stock and will ship the next day. Tuesday came and went, so did Wednesday, Thursday and today, with no shipping. I reached out to them a few times, and every one of them assured me that it would ship soon, because of the warehouse being slammed.

I know this is a first world problem, yet when you pay $4200 for a laptop, you expect better service than this.

PS: Even now, is is listed as IN STOCK and will ship on Monday.

It is in stock. Website is correct. They just aren’t shipping their stock out in a timely manner.

C(-)ris
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Throwback Thursday Signature:
Posted by: freeradical
Date: November 30, 2018 05:43PM
To answer the question, never.
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: November 30, 2018 05:58PM
To answer the question, never.

I echo that sentiment.

The closest I've come to that was recently getting an email from them a few days after ordering my AEBS:

Due to a combination of factors including heavy shipping volume and holiday timing, your order may be delayed in arriving by one or two days. We apologize for any inconvenience.

The delay was inconsequential, so I never actually thought about it.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

Perfection is the enemy of progress. -Winston Churchill

-An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

Mister, that's a ten-gallon hat on a twenty-gallon head.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: steve...
Date: November 30, 2018 05:59PM
None here either. I've probably had 20 orders from them.

Northern California Coast
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: November 30, 2018 06:09PM
I wonder if they would ship it faster if you paid full price.

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: S. Pupp
Date: November 30, 2018 06:10PM
No problems over the past 14 or so years.
Date: November 30, 2018 06:21PM
Filliam H. Muffman
I wonder if they would ship it faster if you paid full price.

They may have, but they had a cyber Monday sale, and it shouldn’t affect shipping. There were a few other places selling it at that price on that day, so they were just trying to be competitive. I very much doubt they were losing money on that sale, as they wouldn’t be in business long if they do.

This is the first time in over 20 years of orders, that they fumbled the ball so badly.

I order 2 to 3 things from them a month, every month, and usually their shipping process is spot on. Having four days of delays, especially when listed as in stock and ready to ship the next day, is not common for them. When I reached out to them on Wednesday, they said it would ship on Thursday. When I asked them this morning, they said it would ship out today.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/30/2018 06:26PM by john dough.
Posted by: MEG
Date: November 30, 2018 06:30PM
I've always had a great experience with them too. Not to throw salt in your wound but the MBP I ordered on Monday was received on Wednesday (and it was a Cyber Monday special priced item).
Posted by: billb
Date: November 30, 2018 06:56PM
john dough

PPS: I did an audit of how much I funnel through them (for clients mainly) and 2017 and 2018 were both over $21K a year.

How DARE they put you in the same queue as the hoi polloi

The Phorum Wall keeps us safe from illegal characters and words
The doorstep to the temple of wisdom is the knowledge of one's own ignorance. -Benjamin Franklin
BOYCOTT YOPLAIT [www.noyoplait.com]
[soundcloud.com]
Posted by: space-time
Date: November 30, 2018 07:13PM
This morning at 8 AM I ordered a flash from them. I found it curious they don't ship today (and I would get it on Monday). Instead they ship on Monday, I should get it on Tuesday.
Posted by: saintyohann
Date: November 30, 2018 10:00PM
Placed a camera order on Monday with guaranteed 3-day delivery. They didn't even ship until Thursday and they slow shipped it (NJ to CA 5-days). I let them know I wouldn't order from again and they didn't care.
Posted by: Billybob
Date: December 01, 2018 08:13AM
I had a poor experience with Adorama once (a $20-$30 dispute). Otherwise, excellent experiences with both B&H and Adorama over the past decade.
Posted by: Kraniac
Date: December 01, 2018 09:41AM
Never anything but great experiences with B&H..

I've sent them lots of money and they send me lots of stuff..usually really quickly.

Only one issue in the past and that was one damaged carton of inket photo paper.
handled seamlessly and immediately.

Also, i usually know exactly what im buying and know what i need..so i dont bother asking
the sales people many questions except regarding shipping etc.
Date: December 01, 2018 10:21AM
Billybob
I had a poor experience with Adorama once (a $20-$30 dispute). Otherwise, excellent experiences with both B&H and Adorama over the past decade.

This is why I am flustered. I have received GREAT service from them and super fast delivery. Guess they are hoping that I cancel this order as I got it for such a low price.
Date: December 01, 2018 10:26AM
saintyohann
Placed a camera order on Monday with guaranteed 3-day delivery. They didn't even ship until Thursday and they slow shipped it (NJ to CA 5-days). I let them know I wouldn't order from again and they didn't care.

I don't think any of the large sites care one bit about anyone but their corporate clients. I have called about delayed orders from BH and they never seemed to give a damn, but this is, as far as I can remember, the longest delay from order to shipping (and it is still open).

If it does not ship by Tuesday, I am going to cancel the order and buy from Adorama.
Posted by: space-time
Date: December 01, 2018 02:32PM
maybe there is a problem with your payment method. have you checked the credit card to see if there is a pending charge? have you checked the SPAM folder to see if there is any email about payment issues?

Otherwise I agree, not shipping the item for an entire week is just unacceptable.

one last thought? was there a Jewish holiday this past week? sometimes the close the store for an entire week.
Date: December 01, 2018 05:49PM
space-time
maybe there is a problem with your payment method. have you checked the credit card to see if there is a pending charge? have you checked the SPAM folder to see if there is any email about payment issues?

Otherwise I agree, not shipping the item for an entire week is just unacceptable.

one last thought? was there a Jewish holiday this past week? sometimes the close the store for an entire week.

My card was charged in the full amount (It already went through, not just a hold) and no issues (as far as I know) with the card i used. Through my business, there have been some months I churn through $25,000 in purchases (mostly equipment for clients) and have not had a problem in years.

As far as holidays, go, they were open all week and AFAIK, no holidays. They are going to lose not only this sale, but until they let me know what happened. they are going to lose a customer, and an advocate. Just this past July, I purchased from them (for clients) 4 MacBook Pros, 2 ASUS routers and 2 LowePro bags; the total was over $14,000 on that sale alone.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 197
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018