advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
1password 7 for Mojave, stand alone, any discounts?
Posted by: space-time
Date: December 03, 2018 07:00PM
I can't believe how hard they make it to find the 1Password 7 stand alone. I am still not sure I understand, but I think I need to install it first (from Agile, not Apple) and then when I subscribe there must be a small option for a stand-alone license. Is there an easier way?

[discussions.agilebits.com]

Then, if I own codes for 6 and pretty much all earlier versions, is there any discount for 1P7?

Finally, if I have more than one user on that machine, do I need a license for each user?

I used to love 1Password, and I got several friends hooked up with 1 Password. I think my 1Password love is dead.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/03/2018 07:01PM by space-time.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: 1password 7 for Mojave, stand alone, any discounts?
Posted by: sekker
Date: December 03, 2018 07:26PM
I'm using 1password 6 on Mojave, have not been willing to go to SAAS for this product yet.
Date: December 03, 2018 07:40PM
sekker
I'm using 1password 6 on Mojave, have not been willing to go to SAAS for this product yet.

Interesting. I saw some comments that some extensions do not work. Is that correct?
Posted by: sekker
Date: December 03, 2018 07:49PM
space-time
sekker

Interesting. I saw some comments that some extensions do not work. Is that correct?

Seems to work for me, could have some issues - but I haven't tallied them.
Date: December 03, 2018 07:53PM
Thanks. Will give it a try.
Posted by: clay
Date: December 03, 2018 09:44PM
I was able to buy the v7 standalone maybe 6-8 months ago. I don't remember exact procedure, but I do remember that it was a bit of an ordeal. I tried describing the process to a friend who was also looking to buy it, and he eventually got it, too. But it was not something they were trying to make easy.
Posted by: michaelb
Date: December 03, 2018 10:31PM
I downloaded 1password from the website and installed it, and then in the main menu is "license" and I selected that and paid for it. I think I skipped v6 so was upgrading from 5 and so didn't look around or wait for deals. I think the demo version only supported one vault and I have an old vault too, and so paid for the upgrade right away (so I don't remember if there were any other meaningful differences with the demo mode vs. full license).
Posted by: modelamac
Date: December 04, 2018 08:59AM
space,

I used to rely on 1pw a lot, but I find that the latest series of Safari works very well without it with today's websites.

Gonna ask my Mother if that offer to slap
me into next year is still on the table.
Date: December 04, 2018 12:50PM
modelamac
space,

I used to rely on 1pw a lot, but I find that the latest series of Safari works very well without it with today's websites.

What do you use instead? Thanks
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 209
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018