advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Need recommendations on laptop and tablet bag
Posted by: macphanatic
Date: December 06, 2018 10:02AM
Looking for a stylish bag to carry a laptop (roughly the size of a 13 inch MacBook, an iPad, charger plus a few usb cables, a pad of paper and a few pens. I want something small and not a traditional laptop bag. Goal is to put this into my eBags backpack that I use for business travel and be able to pull the smaller bag out to take to meetings. Any recommendations?
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Need recommendations on laptop and tablet bag
Posted by: datbeme
Date: December 06, 2018 01:12PM
Unfortunately, it now appears to be discontinued, but I really like the Think Tank My 2nd Brain for that kind of thing (the vertical version, not the briefcase version). Still available in some sizes, but the 13" may be a bit hard to find. I've had the 15" for a couple years and bought 13s for my kids a couple months ago.

While I wouldn't call it stylish, the quality and design are top notch. It straddles the line between being compact enough to slip into another bag but with well-thought out compartments and features. It's not the most svelte you'll find because a few of those pockets, but it's so thin that you can't really put much inside without noticeable bulges. Best of both worlds, I think.

[www.amazon.com]
Date: December 06, 2018 07:34PM
Thanks. This would have been the perfect solution for me.
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: December 07, 2018 08:42AM
Take a look at the Timbuk2 The Division pack. Looks similar to the Think Tank bag above and it's a Wirecutter pick.

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Date: December 07, 2018 09:17PM
rjmacs
Take a look at the Timbuk2 The Division pack. Looks similar to the Think Tank bag above and it's a Wirecutter pick.

Thanks, but it's way to big for the way I want to use it. The Think Tank is a much smaller bag and closer to what I need.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 222
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018