advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
That's Impossible?!.....'Impossible Burger' now available @ a lot of places...
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: December 06, 2018 10:38AM
....in case you didn't know, Impossible Burger, is plant based product that 'bleeds' like real meat.....it is huge in California and has made it to many chains now.....Bareburger, Momofuku, Applebee's, Umami, Cheesecake Factory....

.....was available limited in NY, NJ 'White Castles'.....but now available nationwide @ 'White Castle', in case you want to try it 'on the cheap'......called the 'Impossible Slider' for $1.99....

link to item @ White Castle.........?!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/06/2018 10:46AM by NewtonMP2100.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: That's Impossible?!.....'Impossible Burger' now available @ a lot of places...
Posted by: mikebw
Date: December 06, 2018 10:45AM
That's great! Anything we can do to reduce the amount Beef production in this country should be widely supported. Too bad there are no White Castles in MD. Man, now I am hungry...
Re: That's Impossible?!.....'Impossible Burger' now available @ a lot of places...
Posted by: Robert M
Date: December 06, 2018 10:45AM
Newton,

The Impossible Burger is actually surprisingly good for what it is but if anyone thinks it can replace a real burger, h/she is kidding him/herself. I'll give it an A for effort. That said, it's definitely one of the best veggie burgers on the market.

Robert
Posted by: vision63
Date: December 06, 2018 11:41AM
Robert M
Newton,

The Impossible Burger is actually surprisingly good for what it is but if anyone thinks it can replace a real burger, h/she is kidding him/herself. I'll give it an A for effort. That said, it's definitely one of the best veggie burgers on the market.

Robert

Of all the crazy places, when I go to Fatburgers, lots of people order it.
Posted by: blooz
Date: December 06, 2018 12:22PM
I'm not a rare meat fan so this is unappealing, but if it tastes good and can be "well-done" I'd try it. But I'm trying to figure out why a vegetarian would want a bleeding burger.

And we should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once.
—Friedrich Nietzsche
Western Massachusetts
Posted by: Robert M
Date: December 06, 2018 12:38PM
Blooze,

You can get an Impossible Burger cooked well done. I don't get why a vegetarian would want one either. Then again, I think going vegetarian is more than just a food choice. It's a mindset and lifestyle. I can't do it. I wouldn't even try. No interest whatsoever.

Why did I try an Impossible Burger when the opportunity to have one appeared in front of me? Curiosity. I at it side-by-side with a plain ol' burger. Both had pickles, ketchup and onions. I enjoyed them immensely. Would I order an Impossible Burger over a real burger? Not a chance. No comparison.

I can imagine many vegetarians have trouble at burger joints, steakhouses and other restaurants that lack a solid selection of vegetarian options. Offering an Impossible Burger or dishes made with Impossible Burger components is a great option.

Robert
Posted by: DavidS
Date: December 06, 2018 01:44PM
My wife and I went vegan for 3 months this summer. We each lost about 20# by doing pure, plant-based meals. Several local places have Impossible Burgers. They are really very good. Once you get all the toppings on them, you really cannot tell a difference between them and beef. However, with all the toppings, they are also less healthy. I'd like them to be sold in stores, so I can prepare it on my own at home.
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: December 06, 2018 01:50PM
DavidS
My wife and I went vegan for 3 months this summer. We each lost about 20# by doing pure, plant-based meals. Several local places have Impossible Burgers. They are really very good. Once you get all the toppings on them, you really cannot tell a difference between them and beef. However, with all the toppings, they are also less healthy. I'd like them to be sold in stores, so I can prepare it on my own at home.

Nothing unhealthy about relish, tomato, onion, lettuce, and mustard! It's the giant buns, cheese/cheeze, mayo, HFCS ketchup, etc. that'll get ya!

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Posted by: 3d
Date: December 06, 2018 04:50PM
Do they sell Impossible Ground meat? I'd like to try some at home. Maybe make some Impossible meatballs. Or Impossible Bolognese sauce for my gluten free pasta.

When this stuff gets to the restaurants are they preformed into burgers? Or does it arrive in a bucket. And the restaurant portions and shapes it on location? Anyone know?
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: December 06, 2018 04:58PM
....it's impossible to know for sure.....

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: December 06, 2018 07:17PM
blooz
I'm not a rare meat fan so this is unappealing, but if it tastes good and can be "well-done" I'd try it. But I'm trying to figure out why a vegetarian would want a bleeding burger.

The stuff that looks like blood is a fake-out made from beet juice. The real trick is the use of leghemoglobin which is a soy product (engineered from genetically-modified yeasts now) closely related to hemoglobin which contributes to the meat-like flavor profile and incidentally probably helps it to brown like meat.

Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: December 06, 2018 07:24PM
It does seem on that a vegan/vegetarian would find the 'blood' aspect anything more than a solution looking for a problem.

Maybe if they were trying fool their carnivore friends? Their kids?

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men
except by believing all possible evil
of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

-An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

Mister, that's a ten-gallon hat on a twenty-gallon head.

I *love* Sigs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: Kate
Date: December 06, 2018 10:17PM
I believe that foods like the impossible burger are mainly for transitioning vegetarians/vegans who miss meat. We are 95% plant based, occasionally eating cheese when we're at a restaurant, and every once in a while a couple of eggs from my neighbors chickens. The impossible burger doesn't really appeal to me, and the "blood"aspect is just kind of creepy. But if it helps people eat less meat, I'm all for it.

Kate
Posted by: DinerDave
Date: December 06, 2018 10:50PM
Just saw one available at a hole in the wall hidden jewel on The Big island. Already had an excellent lunch , so we did not try it.

Dave

Welcome to Dave's BBQ!

Many have eaten here....

Few have died
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 228
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018