advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Amazon Robot unleashes chemical warfare ! 2 dozen injured !
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: December 06, 2018 11:41AM
Somebody get the Terminator ! Skynet is starting slow ?

[abcnews.go.com]

"The official investigation revealed "an automated machine accidentally punctured a 9-ounce bear repellent can, releasing concentrated Capsaican," Nalbone said. Capsaicin is the major ingredient in pepper spray."
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Amazon Robot unleashes chemical warfare ! 2 dozen injured !
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: December 06, 2018 11:45AM
....but it did keep away bears.......

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: Speedy
Date: December 06, 2018 12:03PM
“The two dozen workers were treated at five local hospitals, Robbinsville Township communications and public information officer John Nalbone told ABC News. One was in critical condition while 30 additional workers were treated at the scene.”

One critical? Yikes!

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: billb
Date: December 06, 2018 12:42PM
Amazon gasses their own employees !!!

Having dehydrated habaneros (in the garage, with the garage door open ) I wouldn't want to be near an aerosol can should it release all at once and get a lung or eye full.

The Phorum Wall keeps us safe from illegal characters and words
The doorstep to the temple of wisdom is the knowledge of one's own ignorance. -Benjamin Franklin
BOYCOTT YOPLAIT [www.noyoplait.com]
[soundcloud.com]
Posted by: Rick-o
Date: December 06, 2018 02:58PM
Yikes! That sounds like some serious reactions. Must have been pretty potent stuff.

Reminds me of the time a friend and I had lunch at a local greasy spoon years ago. As we were finishing our meal, George grabbed my keychain on the table and started playing with a small container of pepper spray attached to it. Before I could say anything he pushed the button, releasing a little spritz. I grabbed the keychain from him and told him to watch it.

He had to go to the restroom just before we were ready to leave. As I was sitting there, I could hear people starting to clear their throats, some coughing, a few sneezes, then it seemed like everyone in the place was having a reaction of some kind. Geo came back and sat down, I panicked and told him we better get out of here and jumped up heading for the door. He looked confused, but followed me out. I told him what had happened, that it must have been sucked up into the ventilation system and he had gassed everyone in there. I couldn't believe how just one little spritz could be so effective. smiley-shocked003

"After a time, you may find, that having is not so pleasing a thing after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."

- Mr. Spock

“There is no greater calling than to serve your fellow men. There is no greater contribution than to help the weak. There is no greater satisfaction than to have done it well.”

- Walter Reuther
Posted by: Janit
Date: December 07, 2018 09:47AM
Rick-o
Yikes! That sounds like some serious reactions. Must have been pretty potent stuff.

Reminds me of the time a friend and I had lunch at a local greasy spoon years ago. As we were finishing our meal, George grabbed my keychain on the table and started playing with a small container of pepper spray attached to it. Before I could say anything he pushed the button, releasing a little spritz. I grabbed the keychain from him and told him to watch it.

He had to go to the restroom just before we were ready to leave. As I was sitting there, I could hear people starting to clear their throats, some coughing, a few sneezes, then it seemed like everyone in the place was having a reaction of some kind. Geo came back and sat down, I panicked and told him we better get out of here and jumped up heading for the door. He looked confused, but followed me out. I told him what had happened, that it must have been sucked up into the ventilation system and he had gassed everyone in there. I couldn't believe how just one little spritz could be so effective. smiley-shocked003

Somehow I expected the punch line to be that your friend subsequently ran out of the rest room clutching his nether parts and screaming!
Posted by: Rick-o
Date: December 07, 2018 03:55PM
Janit
Rick-o

Somehow I expected the punch line to be that your friend subsequently ran out of the rest room clutching his nether parts and screaming!

Now THAT would have been hilarious! thumbs up

"After a time, you may find, that having is not so pleasing a thing after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."

- Mr. Spock

“There is no greater calling than to serve your fellow men. There is no greater contribution than to help the weak. There is no greater satisfaction than to have done it well.”

- Walter Reuther
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 229
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018