advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
As Of Today, Recreational Cannabis Is Legal In MI - OMG! Roving Gangs Running Rampant Robbing And Stealing, Highways Clogged With Accidents, People On The Ground Everywhere Overdosing... Send Help NOW!!
Posted by: Rick-o
Date: December 06, 2018 02:34PM
Wait!! The sky didn't fall and everything is normal as can be, just as it was before prohibition. Never mind. Maybe just send a pepperoni pizza instead. yum smiley

"After a time, you may find, that having is not so pleasing a thing after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."

- Mr. Spock

“There is no greater calling than to serve your fellow men. There is no greater contribution than to help the weak. There is no greater satisfaction than to have done it well.”

- Walter Reuther
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: As Of Today, Recreational Cannabis Is Legal In MI - OMG! Roving Gangs Running Rampant Robbing And Stealing, Highways Clogged With Accidents, People On The Ground Everywhere Overdosing... Send Help NOW!!
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: December 06, 2018 02:36PM
Not really warm enough in most of MI to grow outside, huh?
Re: As Of Today, Recreational Cannabis Is Legal In MI - OMG! Roving Gangs Running Rampant Robbing And Stealing, Highways Clogged With Accidents, People On The Ground Everywhere Overdosing... Send Help NOW!!
Posted by: Speedy
Date: December 06, 2018 02:39PM
Rick-o doesn’t live in the rural part of the state for the crisp morning air. Just sayin’.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: December 06, 2018 02:53PM
mrbigstuff

How long do you think it takes to get from plant to harvest? Michigan is a heavily agricultural state!

Also, greenhouses are a thing that exists.

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Posted by: hal
Date: December 06, 2018 03:16PM
[www.youtube.com]

"time is going by really, really really really slow..."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/06/2018 03:17PM by hal.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: December 06, 2018 03:17PM
.....wonder what it will cost........??

....$4.20.....??

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: December 06, 2018 03:24PM
[www.youtube.com]
Posted by: raz
Date: December 06, 2018 03:38PM
forty days of darkeness
cats and dogs living together

--------------

Embarassing myself on the Internet since 1978.
Posted by: billb
Date: December 06, 2018 03:43PM
mrbigstuff

UP would probably have to grow a lower yielding faster finishing variety of the herb if grown outdoors.
The southern half of the state would actually do as well as western/northern mass. ag-wise.

The Phorum Wall keeps us safe from illegal characters and words
The doorstep to the temple of wisdom is the knowledge of one's own ignorance. -Benjamin Franklin
BOYCOTT YOPLAIT [www.noyoplait.com]
[soundcloud.com]
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: December 06, 2018 04:51PM
Out of curiosity, what does an average 1/4 oz go for in the stores? Is that more or less than the street price?

I've never seen that addressed in any reading.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld

"WE CALL BS!" -- Emma Gonzalez
Posted by: freeradical
Date: December 06, 2018 05:01PM
Did they build any privacy protections into the MI law?

Only Oregon and Alaska have done that in any meaningful way. Both states forbid pot shops from collecting and storing customer data.

California has very bad law, but it will get a little bit better come the new year when pot shops will not be allowed to sell customer data to private third parties. However, customer records will still end up in a database where it could be subpoenaed by the feds...
Posted by: wowzer
Date: December 06, 2018 05:51PM
ER visits are up due to cannabis. Its not usually life threatening, but that will come as they concentrate the chemical.

[www.politifact.com]

[www.reuters.com]

[www.vcstar.com]

All I ever really needed to know, I learned from watching Star Trek.
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: December 06, 2018 05:56PM
ER visits are up due to cannabis. Its not usually life threatening, but that will come as they concentrate the chemical.

As will visits due to collisions, while newbs get the hang of DWL.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men
except by believing all possible evil
of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

-An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

Mister, that's a ten-gallon hat on a twenty-gallon head.

I *love* Sigs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: December 06, 2018 06:00PM
SEND HELP NOW! (bring snacks)
Posted by: macphanatic
Date: December 06, 2018 07:00PM
A word to the wise for anyone who is considering using "medical" marijuana, it's still illegal under federal law. So, if your job or hobby has any federal requirements, the use of marijuana is still considered illegal and you be violating federal law. Many people don't understand this.
Posted by: wave rider
Date: December 06, 2018 07:45PM
Ombligo
Out of curiosity, what does an average 1/4 oz go for in the stores? Is that more or less than the street price?

[weedmaps.com]

Saw one deal for $30/quarter.

=wr=
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: December 06, 2018 08:12PM
Ombligo

You don’t want to score a whole lid man? smoking smiley
Date: December 07, 2018 08:22AM
macphanatic
A word to the wise for anyone who is considering using "medical" marijuana, it's still illegal under federal law. So, if your job or hobby has any federal requirements, the use of marijuana is still considered illegal and you be violating federal law. Many people don't understand this.

Here's another thing people don't realize - most federal jobs and hobbies (?) don't do drug testing, or have morality clauses. We don't live in a total police state yet (yes, max, I know), so unless you are sending photos of yourself buying, consuming, and celebrating cannabis to federal officials or your position requires regular drug testing or a security clearance, chill out.

rj
AKA
Date: December 07, 2018 08:58AM
Many municipal government jobs do require drug testing, although I've never heard of anyone losing the hire because of a positive. And some test only before hiring, so go to town afterward.
Posted by: Bill in NC
Date: December 07, 2018 11:25AM
rjmacs
macphanatic

Here's another thing people don't realize - most federal jobs and hobbies (?) don't do drug testing, or have morality clauses. We don't live in a total police state yet (yes, max, I know), so unless you are sending photos of yourself buying, consuming, and celebrating cannabis to federal officials or your position requires regular drug testing or a security clearance, chill out.

It's still a problem legally for users since there's not yet a standard for what level constitutes impairment.

Get in an accident, here a judge will rubber-stamp a police request for a blood draw, any level of metabolites in your system can get you charged with DWI.
Date: December 07, 2018 12:45PM
Bill in NC
rjmacs
macphanatic

It's still a problem legally for users since there's not yet a standard for what level constitutes impairment.

Get in an accident, here a judge will rubber-stamp a police request for a blood draw, any level of metabolites in your system can get you charged with DWI.

It seems implausible that the criminal statute in your jurisdiction defines the presence of metabolites in your system alone as definitive proof of driving while intoxicated.

Sounds like you have some crappy judges in your jurisdiction. Are they elected?

After you're charged with DWI, if you weren't under the influence, does the prosecutor drop the charges, or do your police and D.A. collaborate to convict innocent people?

rj
AKA
Posted by: billb
Date: December 07, 2018 02:10PM
rjmacs
macphanatic

But some do, hence the "if" in macphanatic's concern.
I wasn't a federal employee but I have a federally regulated license and for access to homeland security controlled State properties I had to be certified and could be picked randomly to be drug tested at any time.

The Phorum Wall keeps us safe from illegal characters and words
The doorstep to the temple of wisdom is the knowledge of one's own ignorance. -Benjamin Franklin
BOYCOTT YOPLAIT [www.noyoplait.com]
[soundcloud.com]
Date: December 07, 2018 04:01PM
rjmacs
mrbigstuff

How long do you think it takes to get from plant to harvest? Michigan is a heavily agricultural state!

Also, greenhouses are a thing that exists.

Yes, it definitely isn't a problem in these parts. It really depends on the variety. A friend and I had one many years ago that finished at the end of June! It was a 4' tall softball bat and it was very good. Too bad we weren't savvy enough to get a cutting of that one.

Usually, most varieties are finished by the first frost. That said, an early frost can be quite bothersome.

"After a time, you may find, that having is not so pleasing a thing after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."

- Mr. Spock

“There is no greater calling than to serve your fellow men. There is no greater contribution than to help the weak. There is no greater satisfaction than to have done it well.”

- Walter Reuther
Date: December 07, 2018 04:07PM
Ombligo

Not sure. I don't have a medical card and that's the only way to buy currently in MI.

They say we won't see recreational shops for another year. Not a problem for me. I've been cultivating my own for over 30 years. I KNOW what's in mine. I can't say that with other peoples product.

- Mr. Spock

- Walter Reuther
Date: December 07, 2018 04:18PM
macphanatic

Yes, that's true. However, I'm sure the Feds have more important things to do than harass people using cannabis. In fact, my nephew is an FBI guy and the way he talks, national security is pretty much the focus in his department.

- Mr. Spock

- Walter Reuther
Date: December 07, 2018 04:20PM
Rick-o's hosting the MRF gathering, I've decided.
Date: December 07, 2018 04:23PM
mrbigstuff
Rick-o's hosting the MRF gathering, I've decided.

smiley-excited001

- Mr. Spock

- Walter Reuther
Posted by: macphanatic
Date: December 07, 2018 09:15PM
rjmacs
macphanatic

I could care less whether someone choses to use marijuana. It was just a heads up that just because a state legalizes its use, there is the potential for federal issues.

One such issue is certain transportation jobs or jobs requiring security clearances. If you use marijuana, you can't legally buy a firearm. There's a box on the background check related to illegal drug use. If you check no, you've lied on a federal form. If you check yes, your purchase is denied.
Date: December 09, 2018 04:27PM
Fewer people with firearms seems like a decent idea to me.

rj
AKA
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 320
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018