advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
FEATURES BUYING GUIDES Recommended 4K TVs That Can Effectively Be Used As Desktop Monitors
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: December 06, 2018 07:43PM
Ultra HD TVs have been available since late 2012. Initial offerings were reserved for those with thick wallets but prices have fallen considerably in recent years, inviting a wide range of consumers to the high-resolution realm of 4K. One segment that has been served particularly well by this newfound affordability is computer users...

[www.techspot.com]

I just saw this article recommended by Patrick Norton. He's become somewhat of a jerk, and I'd be happier if Robert Herron had made a recommendation.

I'm interested in getting 4K monitor larger than 27" so this might be an option for me. I'm not that critical a computer user.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men
except by believing all possible evil
of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

-An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

Mister, that's a ten-gallon hat on a twenty-gallon head.

I *love* Sigs. It's Glocks I hate.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: FEATURES BUYING GUIDES Recommended 4K TVs That Can Effectively Be Used As Desktop Monitors
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: December 06, 2018 08:34PM
And now that I've read the article, there's not that much information in it.

Worse, there's only one particular monitor mentioned, and it's 40".

I'd like a 32" 4K/60Hz.

<sigh>

Who used to say 'charlie mike'?

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men
except by believing all possible evil
of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

-An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

Mister, that's a ten-gallon hat on a twenty-gallon head.

I *love* Sigs. It's Glocks I hate.
Re: FEATURES BUYING GUIDES Recommended 4K TVs That Can Effectively Be Used As Desktop Monitors
Posted by: Bo
Date: December 06, 2018 09:52PM
Thanks for sharing this. I'm also testing the waters with a larger monitor or TV as monitor. By the time I decided to order the 43" LG monitor in this thread: [forums.macresource.com] it was OOS and it has now been entirely removed from Costco's web site.

In the meantime I picked up a 43" Vizio E43-F1 from Target for $290 after taxes. I've only tried it via HDMI so 4k@30Hz thus far. An active mini display to HDMI 2 connector is arriving tomorrow which should give me 4K@60Hz. Gotta say that it was only okay looking so far.

Since then I have ordered the 43" TCL 43S515 (which earned an honorable mention in your linked article) from Best Buy for $280. Hoping this is viable but not super confident. Should be able to put the Vizio and TCL head to head though which will be helpful.

I think 40" would suit my needs best like the one in your link. We'll see
Posted by: Speedy
Date: December 06, 2018 10:19PM
Bo
Thanks for sharing this. I'm also testing the waters with a larger monitor or TV as monitor. By the time I decided to order the 43" LG monitor in this thread: [forums.macresource.com] it was OOS and it has now been entirely removed from Costco's web site.

In the meantime I picked up a 43" Vizio E43-F1 from Target for $290 after taxes. I've only tried it via HDMI so 4k@30Hz thus far. An active mini display to HDMI 2 connector is arriving tomorrow which should give me 4K@60Hz. Gotta say that it was only okay looking so far.

Since then I have ordered the 43" TCL 43S515 (which earned an honorable mention in your linked article) from Best Buy for $280. Hoping this is viable but not super confident. Should be able to put the Vizio and TCL head to head though which will be helpful.

I think 40" would suit my needs best like the one in your link. We'll see

I look forward to your comparison post!

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: rz
Date: December 07, 2018 08:24AM
As do I.

I have two 28" 4K monitors and would love something a little bigger that wasn't prohibitively expensive.
Posted by: anonymouse1
Date: December 07, 2018 09:48PM
Here's a really good source for exactly this question:

[www.rtings.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 284
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018