advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Filemaker 17 solution bombs after 17.3.304 update
Posted by: tlh828
Date: December 11, 2018 10:52AM
My heavily-scripted application unexpectedly quits at certain points in the program. I'm suspicious that it has something to do with "Show Custom Dialog" steps. I can't seem to trace it further with Script Debugger. The solution has been to restore Filemaker Pro Advanced to the previous update version.
Occurs on one Mojave and two High Sierra Mac Pros.

Anyone else having a similar problem?
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Filemaker 17 solution bombs after 17.3.304 update
Posted by: Zoidberg
Date: December 11, 2018 11:05AM
I'm running FMPro 15 on an iMac w/High Sierra. I use Filemaker daily (and have been since 1993), but only as a simple research card-catalog style database (company projects) w/o much advanced inner workings.

The company I work for will reimburse me for an upgrade to 17 once I pull the trigger, but I'm still reading a lot of complaints about 17 & Mojave over at the official Filemaker forums.

It's spelled " y'all "

Re: Filemaker 17 solution bombs after 17.3.304 update
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: December 11, 2018 09:36PM
tlh828
My heavily-scripted application unexpectedly quits at certain points in the program. I'm suspicious that it has something to do with "Show Custom Dialog" steps. I can't seem to trace it further with Script Debugger. The solution has been to restore Filemaker Pro Advanced to the previous update version.
Occurs on one Mojave and two High Sierra Mac Pros.

Anyone else having a similar problem?

Lots of Mojave-specific bugs in FileMaker that could be responsible, as well as Security & Privacy permissions issues. (Have you added FileMaker and any stand-alones to the full disk access Security & Privacy settings?) FileMaker cops to the need for further bug-fixes. I get crashes and hangs and painful hours of troubleshooting in nearly every scripted app, applet or script under Mojave. It's not good OS for power-users.

Happening under HS throws that theory off a bit. There's still the "Accessibility" tab in Security & Privacy to screw with you, but I doubt that's the whole problem.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 293
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018