advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Face ID Has Been Disabled
Posted by: space-time
Date: December 25, 2018 04:19PM
Friend bought used iPhone 8, after some delays and complains they shipped her an iPhone X. Cosmetic shape is 9/10, warranty is expired. Face ID does not work. It says “A problem has been detected with the TrueDepth camera.”

We tried to reset and as soon as you start to setup FaceID, you get this message.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Face ID Has Been Disabled
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: December 25, 2018 04:50PM
Who did she buy from? If she bought through a place like Swappa, and it hasn't been that long, they will let her return it for her money back since it is not fully operational. Then buy another from a different dealer.

Nothing lost by taking it to an Apple store, they may just switch it out, you never know.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld

"WE CALL BS!" -- Emma Gonzalez
Date: December 25, 2018 05:39PM
She bought in Gazelle. Since she paid for an 8 but they sent her an X, I don’t think she really has much to complain. A X without working FaceID is probably better than an 8, except you don’t have fingerprint ID.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: December 25, 2018 05:50PM
......something it not right.....who puts an 8 on sale and sends an X......??

....if something is too good to be true, it probably is......might be stolen.........

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: Robert M
Date: December 25, 2018 05:52PM
Space,

No. She paid for an iPhone that is 100% functional. She didn't receive one. That's not acceptable. Call for an exchange for a working iPhone 8 or a refund.

Robert
Date: December 25, 2018 05:55PM
Robert M
Space,

No. She paid for an iPhone that is 100% functional. She didn't receive one. That's not acceptable. Call for an exchange for a working iPhone 8 or a refund.

Robert

That is her decision. iPhone X has a better camera than 8, which is a nice bonus.
Date: December 25, 2018 05:57PM
NewtonMP2100
......something it not right.....who puts an 8 on sale and sends an X......??

....if something is too good to be true, it probably is......might be stolen.........

She ordered an 8, in fact 2. One for her, one for husband. One arrived with broken screen, sent it back, they delayed replacement for a while until she called to complain or get a refund so they sent her an X to make her happy.
Posted by: Robert M
Date: December 25, 2018 05:58PM
Space,

Doesn't matter. She paid for a 100% functional iphone and still doesn't have one. If she was my friend, the advice I offered in the other post is the advice I'd give her. If you had ordered an iPhone 8 and received a improperly working iPhone X, I'd give you the same answer. smiling smiley

Robert

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/25/2018 05:59PM by Robert M.
Posted by: Microman
Date: December 26, 2018 09:15AM
They probably knew that the X had a problem, and new that if they sent it to someone else, they would have 2 people complaining about their phone received. This way, they still only have one person complain...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 321
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018