advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
iPod Nano 3rd Gen $10 B&M
Posted by: Will Collier
Date: December 26, 2018 04:50PM
We stopped in at the infamous Unclaimed Baggage store in Scottsboro, AL on our way to visit relatives last week. As an example of how fast consumer electronics devices time out of the market, there was a huge bin of "keyboard" Kindles and music players out in their "Last Chance Annex" for $10, including quite a few 3rd Gen iPod Nanos. I picked up one of each for "disposable" beach use (meaning if somebody walks off with one, I'm out all of ten bucks).

The keyboard Kindles are quite nice if you can find one with 3G (I did). Free wireless data worldwide on the "experimental" (basically meaning text-only) browser...

[www.unclaimedbaggage.com]
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: iPod Nano 3rd Gen $10 B&M
Posted by: Robert M
Date: December 26, 2018 05:29PM
Will,

Don't expect the batteries in the iPods to hold a charge well. My old iPod 2nd Gen needed a new battery because it could barely hold a charge for more than an hour or so.

Robert
Posted by: p8712
Date: December 26, 2018 06:12PM
I love the kindle keyboard and dislike the later models. I'd kill for a bin of 'em. they run $20-35 or so on ebay. I just put a new battery in mine and it still works great. Too bad the closest store 400 miles away.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: December 26, 2018 07:30PM
....and miles to go before I sleep.....

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: Will Collier
Date: December 27, 2018 07:53AM
Robert M
Will,

Don't expect the batteries in the iPods to hold a charge well. My old iPod 2nd Gen needed a new battery because it could barely hold a charge for more than an hour or so.

Robert

I'll load up some songs, let it run for a while and see how long it lasts.

UPDATE: Been playing since 10AM (it's 5:30), and about 75% still remaining. Must have landed one with low mileage.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/27/2018 04:38PM by Will Collier.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 340
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018