advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Empty seat. Yeah
Posted by: MartyStickle
Date: December 30, 2018 06:52AM
Wife and I have an empty seat between us. Rare these days. Helps to reserve aisle and window.

Asheville, NC Area
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Empty seat. Yeah
Posted by: space-time
Date: December 30, 2018 07:55AM
wait until they put that special passenger in between the two of you.
Posted by: Kraniac
Date: December 30, 2018 08:28AM
bonus..take the airline blanket and make a tent...pretend you guys are space mice, traveling to another planet that is, hopefully, not populated by cats.
Posted by: MrNoBody
Date: December 30, 2018 08:56AM
space-time

He is not special, he is volume challenged...

39°36'17"N 75°44'43"W

The search engine that doesn't track you.

Date: December 30, 2018 08:59AM
No pos on flight. Awaiting flight #2.

Asheville, NC Area
Posted by: space-time
Date: December 30, 2018 09:01AM
MartyStickle
No pos on flight.

what does this mean?
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: December 30, 2018 09:42AM
MrNoBody
space-time

Wow!

Look at the legroom and space between seats!

He has room to put down his tray, can raise his arms... and OMG!! In-flight meal!!

That blonde guy is sooooo lucky!

Date: December 30, 2018 09:48AM
space-time
MartyStickle
No pos on flight.

what does this mean?

Person of size.

Asheville, NC Area
Posted by: Speedy
Date: December 30, 2018 10:04AM
Flew Mexican carrier Interjet two days ago. All seats were coach. A good eight inches in front of my knees, although admittedly I am only 5' 9".

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: GGD
Date: December 30, 2018 11:43AM
My favorite seat is on the A321T planes that AA uses on non-stops between NY (JFK) and CA (SFO/LAX). Seat 11F is the exit row window seat in the front row of coach and has more legroom than a business class seat. Once in the air I can put all of my stuff against the bulkhead and my feet still can't reach it. Someone needs to make an inflatable ottoman for this seat, and some hanging cup-holders to attach to the wall.

Downside is that the tray table is in the arm rest so the seat is a bit narrower, and although it's a "window" seat, there is no "window".

And you might need to open the exit door in an emergency, but in my experience that's very rare.

It is a "Main Cabin Extra" extra-legroom seat that they normally charge extra for, but Platinum and above can reserve it in advance for free, and Gold can reserve it for free 24 hours before departure, but it's usually taken by then. Sometimes they open up at the last minute as the Executive Platinums get upgraded into Business class.

Posted by: rgG
Date: December 30, 2018 11:49AM
GGD
My favorite seat is on the A321T planes that AA uses on non-stops between NY (JFK) and CA (SFO/LAX). Seat 11F is the exit row window seat in the front row of coach and has more legroom than a business class seat. Once in the air I can put all of my stuff against the bulkhead and my feet still can't reach it. Someone needs to make an inflatable ottoman for this seat, and some hanging cup-holders to attach to the wall.

Downside is that the tray table is in the arm rest so the seat is a bit narrower, and although it's a "window" seat, there is no "window".

And you might need to open the exit door in an emergency, but in my experience that's very rare.

It is a "Main Cabin Extra" extra-legroom seat that they normally charge extra for, but Platinum and above can reserve it in advance for free, and Gold can reserve it for free 24 hours before departure, but it's usually taken by then. Sometimes they open up at the last minute as the Executive Platinums get upgraded into Business class.

Damn, that’s a living room. Lol

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Posted by: samintx
Date: December 30, 2018 12:57PM
Sarcany
MrNoBody
space-time

Wow!

Look at the legroom and space between seats!

He has room to put down his tray, can raise his arms... and OMG!! In-flight meal!!

That blonde guy is sooooo lucky!

No way do seat now recline that much. I don't know why they put the button on the seat.
Posted by: 3d
Date: December 30, 2018 12:57PM
GGD

No TV, if that matters to you. And I find that those seats are many times taken by parents with their babies and toddlers. No thanks. I'll take my chances in the regular seats.
Posted by: GGD
Date: December 30, 2018 01:43PM
3d
GGD

No TV, if that matters to you. And I find that those seats are many times taken by parents with their babies and toddlers. No thanks. I'll take my chances in the regular seats.

It does have the entertainment system, it's on an arm that stores it between the seats and it swings up and the screen fold out in front of you, it's fairly adjustable, also has a USB charging port in it. There are AC power outlets below the seat cushion area.

There's a better picture below, you can see a round joint about knee level on the front of the arm rest, that's the arm for the TV screen. And another showing the screens in their operational position.

I think due to the normal additional cost for these seats I haven't encountered babies at all. Most of the passengers are business people, and sometimes airline employee family members.

I just happen to like it, knowing that I won't have someone in front of me reclining making it impossible to use my 15" MBP.

AA also started serving complementary food on these NY/CA non-stops about two years ago. This time of year I can get that flight and seat for as low as $148.20 one-way. Last year as low as $118.20.

Posted by: Rolando
Date: December 30, 2018 02:27PM
Get the Knee Defender!
[www.gadgetduck.com]

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Posted by: Article Accelerator
Date: December 30, 2018 03:43PM
MrNoBody
space-time

A fine example of why passenger flights should charge by the total (passenger + baggage) weight carried.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: December 30, 2018 06:22PM
Article Accelerator
A fine example of why passenger flights should charge by the total (passenger + baggage) weight carried.

Ooh, no, I couldn't afford to fly!

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: Rolando
Date: December 30, 2018 09:21PM
Article Accelerator

Samoa Air Lines
Pay-as-you-weigh airfares the 'next step'
[www.cnn.com]

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Posted by: dk62
Date: December 31, 2018 12:42PM
You cannot have kids in the exit row.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 365
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018