Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Sears to ask judge today to approve liquidation plan
Posted by: rgG
Date: January 08, 2019 07:19AM
Just heard this on CNBC.
Apparently they want to handle their own liquidation which might mean some good deals, if you need something they still have.

[www.google.com]

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2019 07:21AM by rgG.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Sears to ask judge today to approve liquidation plan
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: January 08, 2019 07:21AM
.....yes, heard last night.....if the 'buyout' plan is not approved then that is the end of Sears and they will liquidate everything.....

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: January 08, 2019 08:17AM
I still have a gift card to use. Hmmm. Wait or use it now?

Posted by: cbelt3
Date: January 08, 2019 08:45AM
The buzz is that Lambert's insistence on his hedge fund getting the money back first caused all the other creditors to say 'Hell No'.

Didn't really expect that idiot to get anything right, did you ? He successfully leverage bought out and then murdered a large piece of American history.
Posted by: PizzaGod
Date: January 08, 2019 09:00AM
Won't bother me. We still have Montgomery Ward's, right?

What?

Oh. Never mind.
Posted by: JoeH
Date: January 08, 2019 09:01AM
For me getting anything good will depend on what is available online for delivery. The closest Sears store was closed last October-November. They did leave behind a Kmart and Sear appliance outlet store in Holyoke, MA.

If they do liquidate, my one hope is that someone acquires Sears Parts Direct and keeps it going. It has parts available for a large range of appliances and other equipment and prices that often are better than other sources.
Date: January 08, 2019 09:47AM
.....and so it ends.........

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2019 09:53AM by NewtonMP2100.
Posted by: rgG
Date: January 08, 2019 12:33PM
Now news is saying that they are giving the buyout people till like 4pm tomorrow to put up X amount of money and then they might allow them to buy. Who knows.

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Posted by: rz
Date: January 08, 2019 12:37PM
JoeH
The closest Sears store was closed last October-November. They did leave behind a Kmart and Sear appliance outlet store in Holyoke, MA.

Sears appliance outlet stores are not actually owned by Sears. They just use the name. Our handyman told us this recently when he said he was having a dispute with the local one about a return and called the main Sears HQ.
Posted by: vision63
Date: January 08, 2019 01:45PM
rgG
Just heard this on CNBC.
Apparently they want to handle their own liquidation which might mean some good deals, if you need something they still have.

[www.google.com]

Scavengers scavenging. Picking at the bones. As of today, everything in Sears is well priced with boucoup discounts. We all know how liquidation works. The deals will be on stuff like sticky labels.
Posted by: Acer
Date: January 09, 2019 05:03PM
A Sears Home Services outfit just opened into or relocated into a storefront on my way home. Sign went up today. It's really another appliance repair outfit; "Sears" is merely the brand of the franchise they bought into. I hope those franchises are sufficiently walled off from the swirling drain.
Date: January 09, 2019 05:12PM
....I sing......the body il......liquid.......

Posted by: JoeH
Date: January 10, 2019 02:42AM
Acer
A Sears Home Services outfit just opened into or relocated into a storefront on my way home. Sign went up today. It's really another appliance repair outfit; "Sears" is merely the brand of the franchise they bought into. I hope those franchises are sufficiently walled off from the swirling drain.

Check the exact branding of this outfit. One group of these, a mix of company and franchises was spun of from Sears Holdings in 2012 and are not part of the bankruptcy. How they will be affected will depend on how tied they are to selling Sears branded merchandise, and what that will mean post-bankruptcy.

Something called Sears Home Services was the former home service division of Montgomery Wards that Sears purchased when that retailer went defunct. But there are some stores with a similar name in operation.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 160
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018